Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR MP3 director built in clock?

Guest guest

I read that it has a built in clock. When will the firmware upgrade allow us to start shows with it? My one display will be timed on with the street lights but we want it to just burn steady lets say for example when it hits 10pm. Is there any way we can set it up like that?

Thanks,
Zac

Zac_Cutt wrote:

I read that it has a built in clock. When will the firmware upgrade allow us to start shows with it? My one display will be timed on with the street lights but we want it to just burn steady lets say for example when it hits 10pm. Is there any way we can set it up like that?

Thanks,
Zac

You answered your own question, sort of. When the firmware upgrade comes out, it will let you schedule shows.

When will it be out? We don't know.

Any idea though how to get the show to turn on to steady at for example, 10pm? I know I can make a show that runs for lets say 4 hours, then turns on to steady-on, however the street lights are on a photocell - meaning its never the same - meaning it would switch at different times everyday..

Zac

It seems doable... If you power the MP3 card from the lamp you will be able to schedule two shows, one that starts early (before the light will come on) so it will start immediatly when the lamp starts. The other will be scheduled to start at 10pm until xxxx

Zac_Cutt wrote:

The street lights turn on at different times everyday. How do I tell the controller to all of a sudden switch to for example Show #2 which would just be steady on?

The DC-MP3 has an internal clock that keeps running even when power is off. It knows when it is 10:00PM. You will need to schedule two shows on the DC-MP3... One that runs from 1:00PM to 10:00PM and one that runs from 10:00PM to (whenever)... Because the show is scheduled to start at 1:00PM when the power comes on it will already be past 1:00PM so the show will start....

At 10:00PM it will switch over to a new show.

what is the max number of shows that can be loaded onto a standalone director unit. I am wanting to make an automated countdown sign. However I would need to run a different show for every day, at least 30 days. Or at least 30 shows.

logan_moore wrote:

what is the max number of shows that can be loaded onto a standalone director unit. I am wanting to make an automated countdown sign. However I would need to run a different show for every day, at least 30 days. Or at least 30 shows.

This year's version of firmware will only know days of the week. It will not know days of the year. You can only have two shows per day of the week.

Don wrote:

shawn wrote:
Where is this feature for the mp3 director? I don't see it.

Shawn

Shawn, go back and read the thread. It will be available when the firmware upgrade comes out.

Don is correct.... The current version of the MP3 card does not have scheduling. The next version of firmware will have scheduling. It will allow different times for different days of the week and allow two scheduled shows a day.

Zac_Cutt wrote:

Oh wow! I thought that it was a future upgrade. This is great.

Thanks Dan!

Zac

Zac,

It is a future upgrade but will be done this year..... Sorry for the confusion. It will be released in time for this years Christmas Displays.

Any chance the MP3 director can read from .WAV files. I use .WAV files to do my timing and I'm concerned that if I convert the files to MP3, the timing might not line up.

Does anyone else have this concern using MP3s?

Any chance the MP3 director can read from .WAV files. I use .WAV files to do my timing and I'm concerned that if I convert the files to MP3, the timing might not line up.

MichaelC wrote:

Dan is going to have to correct me, but I think that the Director will play WAV's. From what I've read, it's recommended, but not required. (Dan, please delete my post if I'm wrong to avoid confusion.)