Light-O-Rama Forums

What if you had an unlimited budget?

chuckd

I asked this last year over on PC, and most of the responses I got were 'I'd get more lights'. But really, if you had an unlimited budget, what would you add to your display?

We probably can't do most of these things, but a lot of times it gets the brain working overtime and we can pull off small versions of otherwise impossible concepts.

So, dream away here! Want an Air Force flyover at the end of your show? A real 10 minute firework finale? How about a 'Meet the Artist' night where TSO is actually there greeting visitors?

For me, I've always wanted Space Cannons synchronized to the music. I also want something about 200 feet tall, but I'm not excited about putting up another tower to do it, so a small blimp is in order! (NOT)

I think I would want to make a similar show to yours Chuck! I went to your website and was super impressed on what you did!

chuckd wrote:

But really, if you had an unlimited budget, what would you add to your display?

Hire someone else to set it up and take it down... :cool:

A bigger house with a bigger yard with lots of parking...

EDIT:

Decorate the White House with LOR...

Invest in LOR to help develope a better string of c-7/c-9 leds that are RGB bulbs with each bulb able to have an address to be individually controlled = Unlimited possibility

Also, the same, hire someone to take down lights.

That's funny, this year I priced a local group to tight-wrap nine trees, and I got a bid for $4500! That's only labor, I was providing lights and everything else. It would have been an additional $4500 for take down, totaling 9 grand per season!

It's not hard to figure out why most of these guys don't have very successful businesses!

I did it myself in a total of about 25 hours work. That's $180 per hour...... hmmmmm.

stanward wrote:

I think I would want to make a similar show to yours Chuck!  I went to your website and was super impressed on what you did!

Thanks, but Stan, you live in Hawaii, I live in Oklahoma..... you win!

chuckd wrote:

I did it myself in a total of about 25 hours work. That's $180 per hour...... hmmmmm.

you probably would have to redo most of it anyway... lol

Jeff Millard wrote:

Unlimited? Really! Unlimited?!?

Um, first I'd ban all Trolls. Then I'd hire Cenote to make all my new hardware. Then I'd hire Evan to make a bunch of sequences. Then I'd buy a big house, to put the Trolls in... and have it torn down. Then I'd put a new roof on my house, and have little tabs installed so I could attach things to them. Then I'd have a big bonfire and invite all the nice people in the world to come and see all Chuck and Evan's hard work. Then I'd donate all the rest of the unlimited funds to improve all the non-Troll displays. I don't like Trolls very much...

Jeff

Jeff, obviously this Troll thing goes deep....... I'm scared!

chuckd wrote:

Jeff, obviously this Troll thing goes deep....... I'm scared!

Don't come to Seattle then!!!! LOL

The Fremont Troll...found under the Fremont Bridge

Attached files 196854=11014-fremont_troll.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

chuckd wrote:
But really, if you had an unlimited budget, what would you add to your display?

Hire someone else to set it up and take it down... :cool:

A bigger house with a bigger yard with lots of parking...

Agreed, bigger house with a bigger yard. Still set it up with my kids however, just to say we did it ourselves.

The maximum number of LOR controllers and then repeat at least 4 more times due to I would have a house sitting in the middle of a 6 lot area, so I'd need a lot of controllers to run the displays sitting on all that empty land. Plus I'd have another 8 plots around the entire area for parking for folks to view it from all sides. I'd also add a lot more animated items that I would have special built, these would include the following: Linus, Snoopy, basically the entire Peanuts gang, Mr. & Mrs. Claus couple, Santa's Toyshop with working Elves, Liflelike looking reindeer and Rudolph, the Grinch and all the Whoville characters, including the town and Grinch mountain, Garfield and all his friends, including Jon Arbuckle. Of course thousands and thousands more LED lights from as low as 10 per string to a maximum of 200 per string, and that's just some of the Christmas goodies.

Now for Halloween, animated figurines such as Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr. and Boris Karloff in their monster guises, Scooby Doo and the gang, including the Mystery Machine, Danny Phantom, Haunted Mansion singing busts, ghost projectors all over the place, static and animated tombstones of all sizes, Jack O' Lanters of all sizes, including the giant one from the Disney Halloweentown movies, Dancing/Dangling Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls and Ghosts, The Ghost Hunters crew (TAPS), UFO's, Rockets and animated scary looking Robots, Animated Horror movie figurines such as Freddy Kruger, Jason, Michael Meyers, Candy Man, Bloody Mary and the list goes on. Also Orange and Black Light style LED lights in all sorts of sizes, shapes and string length, from an LED count as low as 10 per string to as many as 200 per string.

I'd still set it up myself, I want the satisfaction to know that I did the work and even the sequencing for the entire display, although I may break down and locate some help with the sequencing for such a large undertaking as this would be!

And then I'd use some of those unlimited funds to pay the electric bill. 'cause it is going to be HUGE!:P:cool:

jimswinder wrote:

I would buy all the great people on this forum all the controllers and LED's they wanted/needed!!!!

Does that include Jeff???:P:D

shfr26 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
I would buy all the great people on this forum all the controllers and LED's they wanted/needed!!!!

Does that include Jeff???:P:D

That's why I said "wanted"...he doesn't want them...but soon he'll realize he NEEDS them!!! LOL

Jeff Millard wrote:

Edit: "Great" is a relative term I hope...

Naw...you don't have to be my relative to be great... :P

EDIT: Jeff...if I win the lottery tonight, I'll buy you the controllers...so how many do you NEED? lol