Light-O-Rama Forums

Satisfaction Level

Guest guest

So how happy are you with your LOR? This is my third year using automated products. The first year I used another product and quickly switched to LOR before last Christmas. Love it!

Forget about smiling when telling other people ... I smile every time I round the corner and see my lights dancing and welcoming me home. It's awesome.

I'll go further, though, and say that it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying if I hadn't put the show together myself (versus using an "out of the box" solution). But to each his own.

Couldn't be more delighted with LOR products and company.

I don't have much to say that hasn't been said by the others yet. They hit the nail on the head. LOR is one of the best thngs I've got. I like the "team" references that go with the choices.:) Now the question is, which team are we talking wins?

Robin,

Could not agree more! Dan is a master at customer service. Even with what feels like a greatly increased load (at least it appears so in this forum) he is still answering questions and responding to input. I look forward to adding another 32 channels and working with LOR II next year!!.

Frank

Being a long time LOR user, I can't stress enough the help and service Dan has given me. Any problems I had, he was always right there to offer suggestions and help. I'm very happy with the product, and have no intentions of using anything else.

Bill

My turn,

I can't say enough good things about Dan, Mary and the users of LOR. I struggled for a couple weeks with my first music/animation sequence. Throughout this time Dan typed patiently at the computer and many of the users, like Tim fischer offered advice and tech support that helped me focus on the problem... a bad serial connection on a new computer. I finally went back to an old computer on saturday to get something going and figured out the cable on Sunday... now back to programming. From what I've read, saw and experienced Dan and Mary are the heart and soul of LOR and the users are unselfish providers of everything they have learned.

Kind of Mushy but true,

Greg

That's where I was last year ... and I can't imagine having survived without Dan's patience and insightful support. It was a great experience and reminded me what "customer service" is really supposed to mean.

And this year my display is running well and Dan hasn't heard from me once.

Trust me, though, he'll hear from me next year ... to order a couple more controllers!

Hi All,

I didn't want this thread to get lost in the depths of the forum, at least not before I had a chance to add my two cents worth.

I have to begin by saying that this is my first LOR year, and have 80 channels, with 22,000 lights. I have only 2 wire frames, one is a 3 dimensional Snowman, the other a 2 dimensional Santa flying in an airplane. So most of my display is wrapped around the sequencing of all the lights. (I'm still trying to get a video for posterity purposes, and hope to post some pictures/clips from that soon.)

We are now approaching Christmas, and the word of mouth about my display has continued to grow. I didn't do this for any reason other than I love it, and if a few other people enjoyed it as much as I do ... well, then it would be all worth while. (And it definitely has!) I've turned down some kind offers for exposure in the media cause I just didn't want that kind of crush that seems to come from it ... and there are plenty of people seeing the show every night without it.

What I found is that this has been one of the most satisfying projects I have ever done. There are a couple hundred cars that stop out front, turn off their car lights and watch the show. My display/show runs for about 12 minutes ... it really wasn't designed as a driveby or a brief pause and continue kind of display. You really need to stop and spend some time listening to the songs, and watching the lights -- and that's what people seem to do.

More and more I keep hearing people say that they come back over and over again. Some everynight, at least for a little while. The best example was the other night. I took a quick look out, and there was a minivan stopped right in front of the house. The sliding door was open, and there sat a little girl I'd say 7 or so. She was sitting side ways so that she could face straight at the house.

They must have sat there for at least two times through the show. I noticed she was really enjoying the show, and went upstairs to watch through from a better angle. She was sitting there singing to the music, and directing the lights. She had the biggest grin on her face. And so did I.

Watching your work in the reflection of a kid's face couldn't be better. It is the "spirit of the season" that seems to be magnified by our work. And I cannot thank Dan and company for all their work and support to help make it all possible.

Light O Rama gave me the power/tools to express myself. And the return from people who watch and seem to love my show has been overwhelming. I know why so many get hooked and work to do more every year.

So, a big thanks to Dan and LOR. As well as a lot of heart felt thanks to all here at Planet Christmas who helped make my dreams of Christmas light show possible.

All the best, and Merry Christmas,

Tom

Tom,

I've had similar experiences. One of the first years I really got going on the lights was five years ago. Prior to that my father in law, a retired electrian would fix my lights, he would patiently test every bulb and piece together the "tattered" strings with electrical tape.

That year he had been diagonsed with cancer and it did not look like he would make christmas, despite being quite busy and my wife spending just about every night at her parents, I went ahead and together with my kids got the display up and running.

A couple weeks later we received a call from the city notifying us that we had won an award for "Most Holiday Spirit" in the annual lighting contest. That night my wife told her father that his lights had helped win the contest, she said he cracked a little smile and quietly passed away that night, five years ago today.

Christmas morning, I awoke and went out to get the paper. Walking a couple hundred feet to the mailbox on a cold Minnesota morning, I felt some compelling reason to check the mailbox, to my surprise there was a small green envelope with "To you who Care" on the front. Inside was a thank you card from a neighbor I have never met, who lived about a mile away. She described her two small children who every night would press their noses to the window and "ooh and aah" at the beautiful lights. She went on about what a lasting memory we had created for her children and thanked us. I have never met this women and never received another card, but one is enough!
Since then I have begun to add LOR, controllers and music. Dan has been great and what a great deal of satisfaction he must derive from reading these stories and knowing he has helped create memories all over

Woodburyman (aka Greg?),

Thanks for telling your story ... cool memories of Christmas. Something that could easily be sad, turns out to be a heartwarming "true story" of Christmas -- ghosts of Christmas Past, if you will.

I've gotten 3 or 4 of those notes, from people I don't know ... and don't know me. It is an "unintended consequence" that I just didn't expect or would have ever thought about a month ago before the lights went on.

All I ever really expected was the possible negative side: 1) that someone would not like all the blinking; or 2) someone would vandalize my display. So far that has been about the farthest from reality.

Another friend of mine, who is a PC-member told a story to me the other night about someone who has been visiting his display several nights in a row. I'll have to get him to write it out for us. But, suffice it to say, once his wife heard the story from the woman about why she was coming and bringing her children to see their display over and over again she wept. It was the very definition of "deep impact". And it couldn't be a better story.

We will never know the way most other people are feeling during the holidays. They may have stopped celebrating it altogether, or stopped decorating for themselves. Maybe they don't have good holiday memories and traditions of their own. I know now at least that we are contributing -- sometimes a lot -- to many people's holiday memories. And who knows who we will inspire by our work.

Okay, I'm getting deep, much too much I fear.

Thanks again for sharing your story, and such a great memory of your father-in-law. Hope you and yours has a Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year.

You're all so positive. I need to put my two cents in. I want to bitch that last time I had a problem and posted about it, it took Dan almost 2 minutes to post a reply. Now come on, what else was he doing the last week of November? I would expect that he's watching this board 24/7. (Disclaimer:Sarcasm...)

With well over 100 channels now, LOR is the best Christmas product I've ever owned. It doesn't deflate, burn out, fall over, or even blow away. Nothing works in my display like my LOR boxes!

Thanks to Dan and all his little elves for everything they do!!!

Rich

PS... The last week of November Dan was shipping me more product in record time...

RichArsenault wrote:

PS... The last week of November Dan was shipping me more product in record time...

Rich,

Sorry I have to correct that statement for you. Mary is the wozard of geetting the product to us quickly! A huge thanks to Mary!