Light-O-Rama Forums

Wiring An Interactive Button

jimswinder

Hey All You Helpful LOR'ers!!

I would like to add an Interactive Button this year, so tried a search on "Interactive" to see if I could find out HOW exactly to do it, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have NOOOOO idea how one goes about wiring up a button up to start a LOR sequence.

Does anyone out there have a diagram (and EASY to follow directions) they would be willing to share on how it is done?

Thanks in advance!!!

Oh...and I would like to thank ALL the LOR'ers who helped me out in this, my first year. Because of everyone who adds so much fantastic info to this forum, my first year was a huge success in my community...can't wait till the 2010 show!!

Thanks Jeff...that's exactly what I needed!!

EDIT:

Not having my LOR Controller right in front of me...according to this diagram, is three the total amount of buttons you can have? Or is it three per controller?

Also, I guess this newbie LOR user needs a little bit more info...like where do you tell the button which sequence to play?

jimswinder wrote:

Thanks Jeff...that's exactly what I needed!!

EDIT:

Not having my LOR Controller right in front of me...according to this diagram, is three the total amount of buttons you can have? Or is it three per controller?

Also, I guess this newbie LOR user needs a little bit more info...like where do you tell the button which sequence to play?

It's 3 per controller. I used 2 controllers to give me the 6 button panel I wanted.

If you use a mp3 director, you can get all 6 from the one director's header!

I used NO (normally open) momentary push buttons.

It was a hit with the visitors. There were a few kids who thought it was fun to change the selection every 20 seconds, but other than that, no issues..

I thought of going interactive last year and I thought of Wii with LSP.

Anyhow in 2008 I did an interactive display but with lawn decorations only, like people can push buttons and inflatable would blow up, push another button and the Ferris Wheel would run, push another button and lights would come on somewhere in the display.

After that test in 2008 I dropped that idea. It just gets to cold up here, no one walks or even drive to view my display in -40F weather, and it got colder than that at -49F The second week of December.

Who wants to play Wii outside where your words freeze before anyone can hear what you said?

I still think about it but....

It is a good idea for warmer climates, or where it does not drop much below 28F.