Light-O-Rama Forums

How far behind is everyone??

Guest guest

LOL, How far behind is everyone on their LOR preparations? I still have a bit of a list myself. I need to start hitting it at the very beginning of September if I have ANY chance of starting to set up Nov. 1.

How about everyone else? Am I alone here??

llbarnes wrote:

LOL, How far behind is everyone on their LOR preparations? I still have a bit of a list myself. I need to start hitting it at the very beginning of September if I have ANY chance of starting to set up Nov. 1.

How about everyone else? Am I alone here??

I'm suffering from Year 2 Burnout. I've yet to finalize all aspects my display for '06. Hopefully, I'll get a majority of it down by Labor Day. With any luck I'll start re-programming sequences by October 1. If I'm lucky, I'll get some new songs programmed in late October or early November.

You are not alone!

I have to make the wire harness for the tree and arches, program the whole thing,

put lights on the arches and paint and light the tree.

I still have the 40 foot train from CDB to light and the 9 foot church from Lori's to do.

I just hope there will be enough free time to complete it all.

Chris

I can't say I'm too far behind (yet).

One thing that has contributed to not getting things done is the sweltering heat (35 days of above 100 degrees) here in Oklahoma (Dallas TX has had it for more days than us. Don, I feel your pain).

I get lazy and want to stay indoors when it's hot so I work on sequences here and there.

My biggest chore is getting everything hardwired. I finally got my electrical boxes and will get started on that pretty quick.

Other than that, just riding out the heat.

Tom

Haven't started with my LOR, have no boxes for my LOR.
Have to build another massive wireframe and well thats about it but building 10 boxes and sequencing over 100channels will take me forever.

Zac

I'm so far behind this year its really pathetic. Once the Chicagoland Mini is over, I have to design this year's display, wireframes to redo, an animated coro project to make (at least the drawing and planning is done on that), several blow molds that really need to be re-painted, and as for LOR, have done nothing yet for Christmas and have only done one sequence for Halloween. At this rate, I'm taking the position that there is always next year!

I need to make 5 more mini trees, and wire harnesses for everything but the mega tree. I also need to make the star for the mega tree. I have 3 songs sequenced, and want to do 3 more. I need to make my yard border and wire lights in the 2 inflatables. I also want to change the strobes in the mega.

Everything else is cake!

jeff

Wow I thought I was behind! I have 37 of the 30" mini trees made (I need 10 more) plus still have 21 of the 36" ones to make. Just got my LOR cards today. So I need to make 15 boxes. I do have two songs completed and have started on the third.

Now for the reall big one. My new shop has been dried in. Hope to get it roofed and the sofit and facia on it this week. Electric is going in this week (400 amps) but will finish it after I put the siding on. Yup I am going to do the siding so will put all outlets on at that time. The building is 30'x38' and will have one room inside so I can work on stuff in AC rather than heat in summer. Plus we are going to put a couple of sheds behind the building to store mini trees, blow molds and the smaller wireframes.

Oh and then I have to move everything into my shop from my old shop that I am renting. Yup over two hundred wireframes, two hundred blowmolds, over 100 wooden cut outs and all the lights and cords plus tons of other stuff.

Would anyone like to visit me in early Oct.?:laughing:

Robin wrote:

Would anyone like to visit me in early Oct.?:laughing:

By the time early October rolls around, I'll need a vacation...

But alas, I can't take one. Way too much to do. I'll be in the midst of not one, but THREE Christmas related projects at that time:

1. Testing, staging, and preparing for my personal Christmas display

2. Planning, testing, staging, and preparing for the Christmas display at the Grand Strand Senior Center

3. Directing a play for the Grand Strand Players: "Sorry! Wrong Chimney!" a Christmas farce, which will be performed the first two weekends in November, and yes, that will severely cut into my setup time.

And to add to all that, I've not yet decided entirely what I'm doing with my display, so I can't start sequencing it yet! So I'm way behind, and getting farther by the day. But you know what? I'm not worried. The display always seems to find its way to completion just in the nick of time.

I'm not even behind, I'm actually on schedule.

(NOTE: I do not have a big display that take days to set up, I only have (8) eight channels of LOR AND this my first year, so I'm going easy)

I found out about LOR in January and quickly started saving and programming sequences. It takes me like an hr. or two to do a 3 min song, and I've been doing some shorter ones. So, my programming is done.

I got my controller today, and I'm going to get an enclosure and house it and stuff, then all i need is a transmitter, and a radio sign. So, I have like 2 months to do that, so I'm on schedule. I was thinking about that this morning...There is only like 2 1/2 months left until setup time!!!(2 for some ppl)

Since this is my first LOR year, I have alot to do! I am starting to wonder if I'll be ready in time :) I have 5 to 11 more 33" mini-trees to make(5 are made, I'll have 10-16 total this year). I have 3 DIY 16channel kits on order but not in hand yet(4 enclosures should arrive tomorrow), a soldering station on order, SPT2 on order. I converted an old C9 string of lights into a string of 8 strobes. 10' Darryl tree on order. I have to get a FM transmitter kit & solder it together.

I have to sit down and figure out where my channels are going, load balancing & get some songs sequenced. I've got a little over 2/3rds of the "beat" down in the first song I'm sequencing. I'm using .05 timing increments & am trying to get things as exact as possible. I'm using .04 in the 2nd song since I plan on using the voice as a trigger.

Oh yeah...I'll need some sort of a FM station sign too :)

Whew...I'm feeling excited & exhausted at the same time thinking about everything I have to get done yet :shock::happytree:

Dan

It's going to be my first year with LOR, but I got a head start sequencing (January). When the frost left the ground in April, I was running extra buried service to outlets all around the front yard. For the last month I've had all the controllers set up with test lights in the basement fine tuning all 6 of my sequences done earlier this year. Finished a new 14 foot outlet strip pre-wired for 8 individual channels... So I think I'm on target. Going to give a trial run for Halloween with some blow ups and blow molds. Now just have to decide - Frankenstein or Thriller?

I'm not sweating it yet, but I'm concerned. I still have to get all my feeder extension cords painted (can't hide those bright yellow and orange cables), another couple of minutes of music to finish sequencing, two more mega trees to build (and maybe a third for a spare), and all of my channel extension cords to get measured and built. Oh, and all my shows and static stuff to get squared away. All in all, I think I'll be coasting for the next couple of months... :smile:

D.T.

After finding problems last year, you would think that I would have started! But, no NOTHING has been done.....

1. A Controller needs cords and an enclosure.
2. I need to find a circuit in the house to run power from.
3. Sequencing, added 16 channels this year/w two more colors
4. Buy $100's in extension cords and flood lights and bases for color wash.

Thats all for now!

--Daniel L

have 5 of my 10 songs sequenced, which is a relief, still need about 1000 feet in extension cords, need to add the sub panel in the garage, need to finish building my last diy kit, and build my controller cabinet

panic is setting in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

bob

I am so far behind that I have not even got Halloween done yet. I don't understand why things are going slow. Then I had a problem with one of my Animated Lighting Boards. I programmed it for a macro and found out you have to put a delay in it. If not, it locks up. I had to send it into Drew yesterday. And Halloween display is only half done. I am still working on the program for that. Somebody help! LOL. Here are some of the things I have for Halloween.(Picture below) I have not even started my Christmas tree and the smaller ones yet. I tried to get a week off to work on it, but we are so busy at work that I can't right now. As you can see I don't even got them dressed yet. But I got the motors working. I don't know if I am going to be ready for Christmas.

DSC02720.jpg