Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR enclosure

ItsMeBobO

Made boxes to weather protect the power and controller. Condensation in bottom was deep enough that power supply was sitting in water on one end. Everything worked entire season but looks like it was a close call.

CCRboxIce1.jpg
CCRboxIce2.jpg

Can't tell. Could be both. We had a long 20 degree cold spell and several very rainy evenings but I never stopped the show and never blew a GFCI.

Also got water/ice in some strobes which IS condensation from sucking in cool air after pressurized hot air forces its way out of sealed strobe.
StrobeIce1.jpg

My strobes had a lot of water...mainly ice...in them as well.

The beauty of it being so cold this year is when water does get into enclosures, it just freezes and we don't have to worry so much about it.

Teardown....What a neat idea! Unfortunately most of my stuff is buried under snow and frozen to the ground, so looks like March or April for me!

Yeah, me too. I don't even start thinking of any serious amount of tear down until it consistently gets above freezing during the day.

I also had ice form in my Xenon strobes, even with weep holes drilled. Oddly enough though, I had three crap out and those three didn't have any moisture issues.

George Simmons wrote:

Yeah, me too. I don't even start thinking of any serious amount of tear down until it consistently gets above freezing during the day.

I also had ice form in my Xenon strobes, even with weep holes drilled. Oddly enough though, I had three crap out and those three didn't have any moisture issues.

I've only ever lost one strobe over 3 seasons of using them. No weep holes here. Lucky I guess?

The only thing Lowes had was the clamp style. I do like this one and will get some. Also I really don't like pushing the wires through in the yard. They should be plug and play. The cat5 needs a joiner but I didnt find that either so it had to go to the next box. The CCR needs one too LORDan!

If you guys go the way of trying to seal it up air tight... You might want to put something like an alkaselzer tablet in there too... The water that will leak in from the box heating and cooling will cause the tablet to fizz and pressure the case so water will be expelled....

But the easiest thing to do is to include a drain hole in the bottom and no more water problem...

wow interesting to hear of this and other issues in this thread......

none of it applies here in Australia except for maybe rain, but no cold temperatures, instead the opposite, the quicker we get our lights down the better before they melt in the soaring temperatures, expecting 41 degrees celcius this coming Monday which equates to 105.8F 34 Tomorrow which equates to 100.4F not nice being yp on the iron roof in those temperatures.

Which I guess is the reason a lot of us here may use fm transmitters but we often get people walking by in t-shirt and shorts walking through the streets seeking out the christmas displays.

I had no problems with my tear down,

Frank

Can you get 2x cat 5 cables and a power cord through one of these connectors?

Steve

Frank A. wrote:

Good morning

Bob

I would change those clamp style fittings to grommet style

Frank A.:)

Good evening

yes you probably could fit

2 cat5's and one power cord thru the fitting

but not with the ends on the cat 5's

the cable is going to occupy enough space

that the second rj45 connector would not fit

plus the grommet probably would not seal three cables

Frank A.:)

Robbo wrote:

wow interesting to hear of this and other issues in this thread......

none of it applies here in Australia except for maybe rain, but no cold temperatures, instead the opposite, the quicker we get our lights down the better before they melt in the soaring temperatures, expecting 41 degrees celcius this coming Monday which equates to 105.8F 34 Tomorrow which equates to 100.4F not nice being yp on the iron roof in those temperatures.

Which I guess is the reason a lot of us here may use fm transmitters but we often get people walking by in t-shirt and shorts walking through the streets seeking out the christmas displays.

I had no problems with my tear down,

Trade you. Send some of that our way.

• The topic was locked