Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Lite

Guest guest

My display doesn't use LOR anywhere near what it can do, but any vet of this board knows I am not into the full musical sequence show. This year mostly out of necessity and being behind on my display, I am debuting parts of my display a little at a time. Last night I fired up the fully done mega tree (3 of threm) using LOR and people loved them. Tonight or tomorrow night I will have the big oak tree LORized and later this week I should have the rest of the LOR online.

So back to the original point of this thread, LOR CAN be used standalone without music with great success! Thaks again to the whole LOR team and the unofficial LOR support team here on PC. I'm so glad I made the "big switch"! Honestly!

Jeff_Womack wrote:

My display doesn't use LOR anywhere near what it can do, but any vet of this board knows I am not into the full musical sequence show. This year mostly out of necessity and being behind on my display, I am debuting parts of my display a little at a time. Last night I fired up the fully done mega tree (3 of threm) using LOR and people loved them. Tonight or tomorrow night I will have the big oak tree LORized and later this week I should have the rest of the LOR online.

So back to the original point of this thread, LOR CAN be used standalone without music with great success! Thaks again to the whole LOR team and the unofficial LOR support team here on PC. I'm so glad I made the "big switch"! Honestly!

Jeff, I love the "LOR Lite" reference as I am in the same boat as you. I have no where near used the technology to its full potential, not even close, but I am so delighted with LOR I could bust. I was having some issues with one of my controllers, so I posted about it on this forum, and the support was incredible. Thanks to Dan, my 24 channels are working, my trees are changing colors, and my elves are marching across the lawn. Although I am not using music, the display this year is so much more fun--at least it is now that everything is running (God help any poor soul who was around to hear me last night--there was some real language flying around out there!). But, now that its running correctly (I still need to figure out how to get it to shut down) I just love LOR. I am thrilled that we took the plunge! Being a blow molder makes using LOR quite a challenge--one I will take on next year.

I am glad that I did too jeff, and VERY glad I didn't take you up on your "offer", even though it was a very nice offer. If you ever do that with what you have, I will def take you up on it.