Light-O-Rama Forums

You Tube Video

navykidd02

Ok I am trying to put up my videos up on YouTube. When it was done it said WMG will not allow the music. I have seen plenty of videos on YouTube of light displays. As a little heads up I dubbed over the video with the music because you couldnt hear it on just the video alone. Any ideas how I can fix it. I would like to submit my video for the You Tube Contest.

Most of us have switched to

http://vimeo.com/

We asked last year for LOR to include vimeo.com as a place to host for the contest... But it did not happen.... So you have to find a song that is allowed on YouTube first then you have to sequence it, tape and edit it and you should be good to go.... Allowing vimeo videos would have been easier... lol

I stopped using youtube so I will not be entering that part of the contest...

They don't allow copyrighted music to be used....sometimes!

Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Wizards In Winter" was allowed but Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Appalachian Snowfall" was not.

Dispute it and tell them that it is your interpretation of the song through the use of lights, which is allowed under the Fair Use section of the DMCA. I've used it 3 times and won all 3 disputes.

Steve

melwelch wrote:

Most of us have switched to

http://vimeo.com/

We asked last year for LOR to include vimeo.com as a place to host for the contest... But it did not happen.... So you have to find a song that is allowed on YouTube first then you have to sequence it, tape and edit it and you should be good to go.... Allowing vimeo videos would have been easier... lol

I stopped using youtube so I will not be entering that part of the contest...

As of today, we have changed the rules so that entries can be entered on any shared video site. This change to the rules was planned for this year but was overlook when we initially posted this years rules. The rules have been amended.

One thing about the youtube entries. The youtube contest is a random contest. An entry with the audio removed may look bad but it has just as much chance of winning as an entry with audio. We do not actually look at the youtube entries. We randomly pick one of the emails sent to youtube@lightorama.com and then we check to make sure that the rules were followed and the same person did not post the same video multiple times and that light-o-rama was mentioned in the post or the video. If the rules were not met then we randomly pick a second entry. Actually, last year the first email we picked, linked to a video that did not mention LOR in the description or the video so we just picked another.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:
... that light-o-rama was mentioned in the post or the video. If the rules were not met then we randomly pick a second entry. Actually, last year the first email we picked, linked to a video that did not mention LOR in the description or the video so we just picked another.

Dan

Dan I just want to confirm having "light-o-rama" in the key words is the correct way to do this. I ask, because that is what the rules say, but unless I'm missing it, I don't see how an average user can see a list of keywords a video has, so you can verify the winner followed the rules.

Brent

That is what I want to clarify, here is what the rules state:

To enter Contest #2: UPDATED 12/22/09 - All shared video sites allowed

You must use Light-O-Rama hardware and software in your display.
Post a video of your animated display on YouTube.com, Vimeo.com or any other video sharing site.
Your video posting must reference Light-O-Rama in the key words and/or in the video clip.
You can enter more than one entry however each entry on a particular video sharing site must be a different video. If you have two entries rather than one then you double your chances to win.
Send an email to YouTube@lightorama.com for each entry that you post. Include a link to your video entry. Also include the number of channels you are using in your display. Make sure that each entry has a separate email.

Well thanks everyone for the info. Here is another question pertaining to this. He says you can put in more than one. Just clarifiying I can put one in for EACH of my songs. And that is legit.

Also MelWelch is there a video of you show. I see flames in ur picture and I MUST see this. I would have done somthing like that this year BUTTT one im a newbie still learning and two my wife was ALL against using it. I was gonna do I water and fire show since I am in guam and there WILL never be snow lol.

NavyKiddo2,

I cant see housing on base allowing open flames for several reasons. And you were sweating that housing would allow you to even put up lights. Did they do an about-face?

BTW Merry Christmas Sailor.

melwelch wrote:

navykidd02 wrote:
Also MelWelch is there a video of you show. I see flames in ur picture and I MUST see this.

This is the video that I won WOW Lights Halloween with.... There are more video there...

http://vimeo.com/7393000

Sorry did not mean to hijack the thread....

Hey man that is freakin AWESOME. We need to talk. Did you do any christmas songs with fire.

navykidd02 wrote:

melwelch wrote:
navykidd02 wrote:
Also MelWelch is there a video of you show. I see flames in ur picture and I MUST see this.

This is the video that I won WOW Lights Halloween with.... There are more video there...

http://vimeo.com/7393000

Sorry did not mean to hijack the thread....

Hey man that is freakin AWESOME. We need to talk. Did you do any christmas songs with fire.

I have Great Balls of Fire I did for Christmas/New Years and Hot Chocolate from Polar Expresss :D