Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR

Gerald Corey

I am a 69 year old fart and i cant get these to work and I even have my tech savy 19 year old grandson here on a visit and we cant get this to work in the sequence editor. I can get 10 resolutions in the sequence editor and control then with "fade up, fade down, on, or off" but I cant figure out how to get any of the macro effects to work at all or figure out how to change them or change how many resolutions the CCR has in the sequence editor with out effecting the first programming and going to the Hardware utility. How do i Get all these to work simultaneously or individually for different effects throughout the program?

I want to have both the Hardware Utility and the Sequence Editor open at the same time but it doesnt allow it to operate both. Why cant we do that?

If i am in the hardware utility and have my CCR set up as follows....

Unit ID Mode: Normal

Channel Mode: Triples

Standalone Speed: 8

Resolution: 10 pixels

Strips: 1

DMX Mode: Both

We have been using LOR for 3 years. We are running 13 units with 5 of the units with relay boxes and have no problem programming these but the ribbon is killin me. At the rate we are going now it will be 2015 before we get this out to our display! We would like to have more of these if we can even figure out how to get the ONE to work. WE DO NOT WANT TO COPY AND PASTE SOMEONE ELSES PROGRAMMING!!!!!! WE WANT TO MAKE OUR OWN!!

The resolution in HWU is the default in the Sequence ed when you have zero (nothing?) in the resolution channel.

I will send you a sequence.

Gerald Corey wrote:

WE DO NOT WANT TO COPY AND PASTE SOMEONE ELSES PROGRAMMING!!!!!! WE WANT TO MAKE OUR OWN!!

All you have to do is copy and paste your own sequence to the CCR...

Here is where I have instructions on how to...

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum89/20707.html

For right now just program ONE color... Then when you see how easy it is the next 2 colors are a snap.... Wait on mixing Red Green and Blue to make other colors...

I have 8 mini trees with Red Green and Blue lights on them... I took the Red light sequence for the trees and pasted it into the CCR sequence. Now with only 8 red channels used and the CCR has 50 red channels all I did was divided 8 into 50 and got 6 with 2 left over.... I took the first channel from the mini trees and pasted it into channels 1 - 6... So channels 1 - 6 are the same as the one red channel on mini tree #1. Do the same for the rest of the mini trees. So I have taken 50 over whelming channels down to 8. Then I did the same for the Green and Blue....

What do you have in your sequence that you have multiples of? And just work from there... I am a youngster here at 57 years old... I am complete lost at trying to mess with the Macros till the software can catch up.... No way to visualize the CCR..

Start simple and work into the complex stuff...

We are trying to start from scratch on the sequencing to figure it all out. We can get it do do everything in the Hardware utility but we cant figure any of it out in the sequencing. we can get the different resolutions and turn those on and off by setting the HU and then closing that out and opening the SE but we cant figure out how to change the resolutions on the fly in the SE or the MACRO effects.

You need to use the Hardware Util and make these changes...

Normal config setting... Sequential RRR GGG BBB and not Triples RGB RGB RGB

Create a sequence with 150 channels all on Controller ID 1 (or what ever you need it to be).The first 50 channels are your reds From 1 to 50. Channels 51 to 100 are your Greens and 101 to 150 is your blues...

Resoultion has only to do with macros... Again stay away from the macros... What I have setup here is the same for a normal 16 channel LOR controller... Resolution and macros is making it all too complicated....

Take the channels 1 to 50 and program it just like you did last year.... You build on what you had last year.... I started with last years sequence added 150 channel controller. And then copied what worked for the mini trees and pasted it to the CCR...

we are wanting to use the macros to change how many different pixels we are effecting. and go either from the whole strip to breakdowns of 10 or so on. with the easiest or littlest effort. so for example we want to start by controling the whole strip with 3 channels then change it on the fly to 10 segments of 15 LEDs with 3 channels for each segment constituting 30 channels.

Respectfully disagree. Do use the macros for fastest sequencing of the CCR. Set it up for triples.

However, if you specifically want to use existing sequences only and all of your sequences will always be sequenced this way, then use triples and paste in.

Gerald Corey wrote:

we are wanting to use the macros to change how many different pixels we are effecting. and go either from the whole strip to breakdowns of 10 or so on. with the easiest or littlest effort. so for example we want to start by controling the whole strip with 3 channels then change it on the fly to 10 segments of 15 LEDs with 3 channels for each segment constituting 30 channels.

Last year did you deal with resolution??? How did you set the resolution on a 16 channel LOR controller? So why are you stuck on resolution? You have the full use of the 50 pixels, it is up to you how you group the channels into segments..... In the previous post I set up 8 segments...

I do not think I can get you the help you need... You are determined to use the macros and I do not have a grasp on using macros.... You do not need macros to change the resolution.....

If you would follow my directions and just try setting up a portion of a sequence with just the color Red... You could have the CCR up and running before Christmas... All you have to do is program it just like last year with one LOR controller.... Now if you have not ever created a sequence for a 16 channel LOR controller you will have a hard time then.... You need to first be able to do a sequence for a 16 channel controller in the sequence editor....

Gerald Corey wrote:

I would suggest you check LightOramaJohn's posts and find where he put the the demonstration sequence in the non--legacy mode.

Load this sequence to sequence editor and run it with the CCR hooked up and observe how it changes color and uses macros.

To use macros which is what I did you need to the sequence the 151 and beyond channels.

Also check for Colonel's posts he had put a link to some sequences which would be good to look at and see how he did it. Once you understand someone else use of the CCR then you can make your own.

We thank bryandolan, and ItsMeBob0 for help getting to use the MACROS. We didnt understand how to use them without the help of these 2. Thanks to their help we have macros down to a basic knowledge and are experimenting with all of them.

• The topic was locked