Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX -> LOR

Guest guest

I promised my coworker I'd ask this. I was supposed to ask at PLUS 2005 but forgot:

I know LOR II is supposed to have a device that allows LOR software to control DMX devices. What my coworker would like is a device that allows the DMX protocol to control LOR boards. He's the guy I have referred to in the past (and just tonight in the Lights forum) as having the DMX setup driven by a Mac. He'd love to be able to pick up lower-cost hardware via LOR. I imagine there would be theatrical DMX users who would like to have some cheaper, lower-capacity channels via LOR as well.

Just thought I'd ask if this was anywhere in the plans...

-Tim

Dan,

I'm just relieved to hear that DMX support will be included in LORII. I was planning to ask that question today. That's why I love these forums. Half the time you don't even have to ask a question. The answer just comes to you.

I've got some pretty big plans for DMX devices for my upcoming 4th of July show.

If you need Beta testers for this area I'd be happy to help. I have experience in technology and software development. :)

Thanks!
Scott Hardin
Columbus, IN

I am also looking forward to the DMX aspects of LORII. I would also be interested in being able to control LOR controlers with a DMX console. I would also volunteer my time to help test out the DMX software for LORII. I am actually not that far from Garfield NJ. I currently am at college in Hoboken. Again, glad to hear that DMX is being included in the new hardware/software.

Will Sanders