Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2

Guest guest

I am really enjoying my LOR 1.5 software but I still think off the endless possibilities of the LOR 2 software update. Does anyone have any ideas about what the LOR 2 software will do and when it may come out ? And most importantly are they looking for beta teasters who play with their software every day (Me) ?

As you no doubt noticed when you looked through the messages here, we (the LOR community) do not have a firm date as to when it will be released.

As far as I know, Dan has made no mention of beta testers.

As far as what it will do ... you can read back on here to get some of what it's rumored to do. Though, until it comes out, we just won't know for sure.

Let me just fire up my time machine and take a trip and tell you what it is going to be like.

(10 seconds Later)

WOW! All I can say is WOW!

I promised my future self that I would not disclose the new features but I think you will all be very excited with it.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I don't think it is going to be coming out this year. Even if it does come out in Nov, it will not be much use since most of the features were going to be in creating sequences and most people will have already created their sequences.

It would be nice if 2.0 came out soon but I am just hoping that they come up with a version that fixes some of the bugs that are related to quick fades (they really show up if you try and fade from 0%-50% quickly)

Free. As far as I remember, existing software holders get LOR2 free of charge. That is both software and firmware updates!

At this point, I think LOR would be very smart to wait until after December. The last thing we need is software/hardware upgrade problems days before our shows go live.

**Oops, the answer was posted while I was typing***

I would still want LOR II as soon as possible even if it came out in early December. I am waiting for the MP3 Director card scheduling feature. Help with sequencing wouldn't hurt either.

mb323 wrote:

I would still want LOR II as soon as possible even if it came out in early December. I am waiting for the MP3 Director card scheduling feature. Help with sequencing wouldn't hurt either.

I would use it right away also.. Have heard a rumor that there will be a START button added. I can't set my shows up on timer, and will need to start them manually. (Got to work in among other performers ). I could be wrong, but as long as the old sequences will run, it won't bother me at all.

mb323 wrote:

I went out and purchased a timer specifically for operating the MP3. The one I purchased was at Home Depot for under $20. It is a 7 day, 7 event outdoor timer (by Intermatic) that can be programmed to your hearts content.

I keep the Ramsey on the same circuit so that they both turn on at the same time. I have a 12 volt adapter powering the MP3 card.

After LOR II is out, the timer will be moved to other operations.

Dale W wrote:

I went out and purchased a timer specifically for operating the MP3. The one I purchased was at Home Depot for under $20. It is a 7 day, 7 event outdoor timer (by Intermatic) that can be programmed to your hearts content.

I keep the Ramsey on the same circuit so that they both turn on at the same time. I have a 12 volt adapter powering the MP3 card.

After LOR II is out, the timer will be moved to other operations.

I thought about doing that, just don't like the idea of my show cutting off mid-song. That's about as graceful as a bluescreen on Windows.

mb323 wrote:

I beleive you will find that "unlocking" the onboard clock on the MP3 Director is a firmware upgrade which according to Dan should be available mid November and not a part of LOR II

mb323 wrote

I thought about doing that, just don't like the idea of my show cutting off mid-song. That's about as graceful as a bluescreen on Windows.
That is a good point, my thinking if it is that late at night, nobody will be around to see it.

Bill Foley wrote:

I beleive you will find that "unlocking" the onboard clock on the MP3 Director is a firmware upgrade which according to Dan should be available mid November and not a part of LOR II

Bill, thank you for the update. I thought the two were tied together since the hardware utility will most likely have to be updated, setting date/time, uploading schedule.