Light-O-Rama Forums

Here is my first sequence

Guest guest

I just made my first complete sequence. I thought I would post it and see what people think. It would also be a good resource for those new to LOR to get a feel of what you can do.

Below is a ZIP file containing the LOR Sequence and the MP3 file. The mp3 file has been converted to very low quality and I generated a BEEP every 15 seconds so you will not be able to use it for real.

You can buy the high quality version of this song for only 99cents at

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/471069

Here is the zip file

http://www.barncow.com/christmas/Carol-of-the-Bells-LOR.zip

Below is video of what the Sequence looks like in the Animation window in LOR

http://www.barncow.com/christmas/carol-of-the-bells-lor.wmv

To get a better feel of how this is going to be set up on my house, here is a picture below.

Light-Layout-01.jpg

Santas Helper wrote:

Neworder, that was great :waycool::waycool::waycool:.

How long did it take you to sequence it from start to finish (if you don't mind me asking)?

Great timing :waycool:.

Tom

I am guessing I spent about 6 hours on it. I am sure I would be faster now though since I know the program better and know what works and does not. A lot of the time was just testing how certain things will look.

neworder wrote:

I am guessing I spent about 6 hours on it. I am sure I would be faster now though since I know the program better and know what works and does not. A lot of the time was just testing how certain things will look.

You'll get even quicker once the lights are up in the yard. (At least I did.) Why? I could better see what effects worked, and what didn't.

I would guess that once the lights were up, I could sequence a song (80 channels.) in about 2 hours.

neworder wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
Neworder, that was great :waycool::waycool::waycool:.

How long did it take you to sequence it from start to finish (if you don't mind me asking)?

Great timing :waycool:.

Tom

Hey New Order,

That is a super job. You took a song the needed stuff to fill in the non beat spots (choreography) and did a Great Job. I can't wait to see it on video.

You will get better and faster, but the more you learn to more time you will spend trying to decide which effect you came up with will work for that particular sound you are working on.

How do you record your sequence to post here? I'd love to record my sequence and post it online here, but I have no idea how to record and save the sequence in a *.wmv file.

Thanks!

Paul