Light-O-Rama Forums

No videos yet of CCR arch in a display yet?

Victory402

I've seen videos in garages, I've seen videos of stars, I've seen examples of sequences, I've seen videos of them rolled up on the floor.

Does anyone have a real life video of a CCR arch in action, incorporated into this years display? No close ups either. I'm trying to get a feel for one, but nothing has jumped out at me yet that says, WOW, that's the shizzle fo sure.

I hope I'm not sounding negative, but at 250 a pop, I want to see some POP!

Come on guys "show me the money"!

I've searched all the sites, perhaps I'm missing something?

Vic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victory402

• melwelch

• eldoradoboy

• colonel

Believe me I want to post it too! Soon ! It will be soon.

I have been slow due to multiple other snags to deal with.

I think the Bond and Music Box dancer show it well.

Ditto here...

I'm thinking of doing a couple of arches and if I can use 1 CCR for both arches then then it would be actually cheaper.....

My display is 2 color red and green

2 arches, 8 channels per color per arch, 2 colors --> 32 channels or 2 controllers = ~ $410 plus lights.

One CCR --> $250

The math is easy, but I'm concerned about the look..9/16" seems small to really stand out.
:)

Bowshock wrote:

Ditto here...

The math is easy, but I'm concerned about the look..9/16" seems small to really stand out.
:)

The LEDs are so bright that when I had the CCR Star in my living room my wife joked she needed goggles to protect her from the radiation... Outside the Star is on the second floor of the house.... Well it is so bright I have a 'Yard Wash" now..... lol

I love the smothness in the arches..

When you take a video like this where there is a lot of darkness, set your camera to a setting like "Fireworks" or "Dusk". If your camera does not have these type of settings then turn your "Gain" down to about a -3.

In your video your camera is trying to lighten up all the dark areas.... In turn all your colors in the lights are over exposed and washed out and look white... Some people will wait till dusk or dawn to take their videos to compensate for the exposure.... I like the darkness with bright colorful lights...

Ed,

Thank you very much. HOLYCOW!!, I had no idea they would be that bright!

I love the look, very smooth. Nice glow to them too. With all the programing options I know I can get wild with a few of these.

That's the POP I was looking for,Yes,Yes, I'm sold!

Vic

I've got 3 ccr's in action. The circle above my front door and the poles on either side of my house. Sorry, no arches. Did those last year and was looking for something different.

This is not very good and about all you can see is the ribbon. I've attached a picture that gives you an idea of the 16-channel display? We have 64 more channels in different displays and another CCR.

http://www.pleasantgrovechristmas.com/Nutcracker_WMV%20V9.wmv

http://www.friendsnfamily.net/PLACES/Greene_County_IN/PleasantGrove/Christmas_Lights_2009/cwdata/2009%20Christmas%20-%2003.html

melwelch wrote:

I use to always loved shooting firework displays around water. You display reflecting in the water is awsome...

Thanks! It is only 16 cannels but I repeated the first 8 on either side of center, then I get an entire duplicate set in the water reflection. The CCR then almost becomes a circle.

I braved the cold to get some shots. Poor quality and It's not wide angle. I am spread over 13 acres and a quarter mile of drive. This shot is on the town square.

http://www.pleasantgrovechristmas.com/wmv/

You can watch the lake display live but no sound (starts 5:25 EDT):

http://farm.bbsworld.com:47449

Login as Merry

Password is Christmas

WOW!

I'm amazed at how bright they are and the colors are very vibrant. I guess the days of wrapping arches are over. The time saved in constructing arches is going to be a big plus.

I'm also thinking that smaller pvc can be used because the ribbons are so light. My incadecent arches are bulky, heavy and a pain to store.

Will you leave the CCR's on the pvc pipe when it comes time to take your lights down?

When I set up my arches, I set the PVC in place, then loosely attached the CCR. I will remove the CCR's and store them separately.

Victory402 wrote:

Will you leave the CCR's on the pvc pipe when it comes time to take your lights down?

I am planning on leaving them attached. I am still not certain of the durability of the plastic they are contained it and think leaving them on the PVC will be less stressfull than taking them on and off every year. I tried to make my ties as tight as possible with little pinching of the clear plastic tubing.