Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR MOUNTING METHODS

bajantechie

I am wondering how other folks are mounting their CCRs. The LOR demo uses 3/4 PVC and cable ties at each Cut Point. What are you using.

If I want to make an arch, should the CCR be on the upside or downside of the pvc.:?

Ron.

I put my CCRs this year on arches, on the side facing the viewers (not top or bottom). I have them configured to respond in segments of 15 LEDs (10 segments) so that they emulate a leaping arch. That helped with setting up proramming quickly on my sequences.

I use tie wraps gently at every other cut point (although in some spots it is every cut point). They are working well, and respond to every single LOR command on a network with 30 other controllers. My two Fireflys have been installed on a separate network and still miss some short commands or stick pixels occasionally (although I have modified the programming to try and help that).

The CCRs have worked well, and I'm looking forward to programming them better next year and getting some additional effects...Maybe with some RGB software tool in the sequence editor?

Thanks,
Randy

Randy wrote:

My two Fireflys have been installed on a separate network and still miss some short commands or stick pixels occasionally (although I have modified the programming to try and help that).

How do you have them on a separate network? Using what adapters for it? I'm using a USB adapter right now for my network, I'm having hang up Fireflys.

I got this tip from the d-light boards. By using a 2nd USB adapter on my laptop, I have the Fireflys dedicated to a separate network. They are configured in the sequences as Aux A on the network settings.

My original USB adapter is set up as comm4, and you have to dig around in your control panel to see that the new adapter is using comm10. But once you do that and configure the adapter, it worked like a charm....Well, except for the slower performance and sometimes pixel hanging....

• The topic was locked