Light-O-Rama Forums

Show skipping one song

Jim Miller

Hello friends,
I have Santa Baby in my show, and it will run if it is the first sequence, but only the first time. When the show starts over, it is skipped. I cruised the other posts on similar , but not quite the same issue, and am stumped. Any suggestions? Thank you most kindly in advance for whatever you might share....
--Jim--

Going to assume you are using a computer to run the show, and not the MP3 Director.

Can you verify that you placed this sequence in the 'Musical' tab? (It sounds as if it is in the 'Startup' tab.)

What version of LOR? Later versions have a Status Window that keeps a log of what's going on.

Leave that up and wait for the song to get skipped again. It might give you (and us) as clue as to why it is skipping the song.

I have the latest version, and will put the status window up.....I'm guessing that you mean the enabled/disabled window? I apologize for my ignorance, but, hey!, I got this far!! Thanks for being there! I'll post back when I have something....
--Jim--

It's me again.... The show ran all the way through, and no change in the status window... v2.4.8. I don't get it.... I have several others sequenced since, and they run fine......

--Stumped--

Version 2.5.2 is when you get the log showing in the status window.

Do you have a 'show' computer and a 'sequencing' computer? Try copying the audio over to the show machine again.

(Or, next time you get a chance, stop the show and see if the song will play via Windows Media Player on your show machine.)

Jim Miller wrote:

It's me again....  The show ran all the way through, and no change in the status window...  v2.4.8.  I don't get it.... I have several others sequenced since, and they run fine......

--Stumped--

If you upgrade to the latest LOR version, you'll get a log window that shows every sequence starting and finishing. Any errors are logged here too. It eliminates a ton of guesswork and trial/error.

I think 2.6.2 is the latest version, came out last week. I'll be glad when they fix the blinky screen problem with the animator screen.

Thanks, O My Brothers and Sisters!

Being the elected idiot for my street (Why in the world would a person do this??? a-hem...), I have a request in to LOR for guidance in upgrading, and will do so post haste..... I think I have the Santa Baby debaucle sorted out, taking advice found herein (Santa Don showed me the light). I re-ripped the MP3, copied my sequence, and pasted it into a new title. Evidently, the audio and the sequence wouldn't work together after the first time, and was "forced" into it....once.... It seems to be working, at least for now. I don't know exactly how I got cross-threaded, but I managed. You know what they say about making something idiot proof......You just make a better idiot, but I can live with that......
Don, James and Tim, I owe you all, or, as we say around here y'all, and thank you all (y'all) until you're better repaid. I'll try to be as helpful to others as you'se guys (y'all!) have been to me.
I still can't really believe how just a few lights can stop traffic, but it sure is fun!
Thanks again!

--Jim--