Light-O-Rama Forums

ARCHES WITH RGB COSMIC COLOR RIBBON

barbosaa

Hi felas

This year i dont use arches cause its used too much wire , 8 wires per arche x 4 arches uff

some one knows how do the same efect with my actual sequences in arches , using just a robbon cosmic color , haw many wire use?

Thanks

Any one have videos of this?

a big hug

ADOLFO BARBOSA

The CCR has just one power cable, one cat5 cable and that is it...

Here is a link on how to program the CCR without the use of macros....

http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526

So far I have seen no musical sequences that used macros to program the CCR... Yet by simply copy and pasting I have mt CCR up and performing great....

Here is a video. Check out the other videos I did as a proof of concept...
http://www.vimeo.com/7879231

Hi friend, i try to download the example sequence and dont let me says:
barbosaa, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

please send it me to see the examples. thanks barbosaa2001@hotmail.com

melwelch wrote:

So far I have seen no musical sequences that used macros to program the CCR...  Yet by simply copy and pasting I have mt CCR up and performing great....

All 10 songs in my show are using only the CCR macros.
I have settled on two methods I like.

1) Using a full beat, use a ramp to advance the arch.
This replaces subdividing the beat into 8/16 to get a regular multi channel arch to leap through.

2) Subdivide a beat into 4/6 and use the last fraction to advance the leap

I don't like the chase macros because the speed is too hard to match the music tempo. The speed channel has a large range but not enough fine tuning using whole numbers.

One arch has 150 channels.... 50 Reds, 50 Greens and 50 Blues.... combined there are 50 RGB channels.... One arch is composed of 50 channels... A traditional leaping arch would have 8 to 10 channels and only one color....

CCR is a great replacement for one arch. It can do any color and any number of 'segments' and leap etc and looks fantastic! I 'wrapped' the arch in 30 minutes. Joined PVC pipe to 16 feet. Then cable tie the ribbon to it at the joints between pixels. I also put the power and controller into a waterproof box.

Sorry no video yet. This crappy new Vista computer I am using doesnt have the software I am used to using. I have to go back to the XP one I think.

do u have vimeo or youtube video to arches in action? thanks

i think buy 4 ccr cause my old arches its too dificult using 8 electrical wires per arche and i have 4 arches , this year i dont use it ... :-( cause too many wires to conect

thanks

this year i am using 2 led wall washer at 24 wats super bright LED using iDMX 1000 and replaced the incandecent spocklight jiji and work so fine , more energy efficient and dont make hot dangeous to touch like then.

see video:

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Sorry that happened. Is the board ok under the fuse soot?

Third topic on this thread.

Yes. We patched a car fuse holder in and off it went! That unit is plugged into a circuit with refrigeration units that don't have gfci. The others have the protection and an occasional gfci pop happens when it rains. We have over 16.000' of orange extension cord on the ground!

melwelch wrote:

One arch has 150 channels.... 50 Reds, 50 Greens and 50 Blues.... combined there are 50 RGB channels.... One arch is composed of 50 channels... A traditional leaping arch would have 8 to 10 channels and only one color....

Mel,

I work in Raleigh and live just north of Raleigh in Bunn/Youngsville area. I would like to come see your show before the season is over. Can you PM me with directions so I can come out and check it out. I like to plan these things with my wife and kids so they can come along.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

melwelch wrote:

The CCR has just one power cable, one cat5 cable and that is it...

Here is a link on how to program the CCR without the use of macros....

http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526

So far I have seen no musical sequences that used macros to program the CCR... Yet by simply copy and pasting I have mt CCR up and performing great....

Here is a video. Check out the other videos I did as a proof of concept...
http://www.vimeo.com/7879231

The link on this thread refers to programming the CCR to RRR GGG BBB instead of RGB RGB RGB. The sequence I have started on is RGB RGB RGB. Is there a way to change it over to RRR GGG BBB?

• The topic was locked