Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrading from 1.6.9?

Andy Wallman

2008 was my first year doing an LOR display. I have version 1.6.9, which is the version that was shipped to me with my controller kits.

I'm perfectly happy with the functionality of the software, but I see others talking about newer versions - specifically S2. So, my question is, how exactly do I upgrade my software? Is it literally as easy as clicking the S2 logo on the LOR website, providing my license #, and that is all there is to it? Or are we talking two different platforms?

I wouldn't do anything until after this season is over, but I had some problems with getting the show to start this year and had some responses that 1.6.9 is a very old version. I couldn't imagine it would be terribly outdated since it was just shipped to me last year.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I can start looking into a bigger and better show for 2010.

Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas to all.

Too many to list. But the most useful to me is the separate timings. I have a small mega with 16 channels and three other chase runs with 15 channels each. With different timings, I can divide each beat by 16 for the mega and also divide each beat by 15 for the other chase.

On the version you have this would result in many small overlapping timings which are hard to distinguish and program.

S2 is far superior for setups with a large number of channels since you can group them into tracks. This allows you to hide some channels and group them as you need. Even to have the same channel in more than one view. Such as all your green together on one track and all your trees on another track even if you have a green tree.

They were actually shipping old software last year, as a physical license key. The versions of S2 available last year required a valid LOR 1.x install before they could be installed. This year they finally got the new licensing system in place, and you no longer need to have a previous version installed. To upgrade, use the retrieve license key button on the S2 download page. It goes through the yahoo LOR store, and puts a free item in your cart. If the email you provide matches the email on file from your original software order, they send you your license key. If you no longer have access to that email account, contact support with as much info about your original purchase as possible.

Once you have your key, you can install the new software, and all your old sequences should work fine. There are some reports of needing to open the files and save before they will play in the shows, but it seems to be rare.