Light-O-Rama Forums

2009 Display Video Finally Up!!!!

sawyer1206

I finally got a chance to video my display at 3:00AM this morning, it was the only time there is not a car in font of the house which is great. I added 48 more channels this year for a total of 160 and added 13000 lights for a total of 28,000 lights.

Thanks for looking!

Absolutely awesome! Display and the videoing.

What did you use to video it? I am still trying to get that part down. My digital camera does movies but it looks terrible because I cannto turn off the auto focus.

I tried with my mini dvd camcorder but when i transferred the files from the dvd to my PC to edit it it seems to not converting the files properly so it only has bits and pieces of what i recorded

That was awesome!

Makes me realize that I really have a lot to learn with my arches still. I'm still so basic with my movements!!! That was great...

I can't imagine sitting through the song that many times to get the different angles! Well done!!!

May I ask what you used to edit it with? I'm currently using Ulead Videostudio but, I find it a bit constrictive...

Cheers
Evan

captainron19 wrote:

What did you use to video it? I am still trying to get that part down. My digital camera does movies but it looks terrible because I cannto turn off the auto focus.

I tried with my mini dvd camcorder but when i transferred the files from the dvd to my PC to edit it it seems to not converting the files properly so it only has bits and pieces of what i recorded

I am using a JVC Mini DV camera on a tripod I bought about 5 years ago and it still works great. I edited the video with the Microsoft Movie Maker that came on my computer, it is real simple easy software use. I recorded the show 6 different times at 6 different angle to atttempt to make the video more intresting. Thanks for the comments.

sawyer1206 wrote:

captainron19 wrote:

I am using a JVC Mini DV camera on a tripod I bought about 5 years ago and it still works great. I edited the video with the Microsoft Movie Maker that came on my computer, it is real simple easy software use. I recorded the show 6 different times at 6 different angle to atttempt to make the video more intresting. Thanks for the comments.

What are you using to import the videos from the DVD into your PC for a format that the Movie Maker can use? Did you have to decode it or anything? Thats where I am having the problems.... getting the movie files to the computer

captainron19 wrote:

sawyer1206 wrote:
captainron19 wrote:

What are you using to import the videos from the DVD into your PC for a format that the Movie Maker can use? Did you have to decode it or anything? Thats where I am having the problems.... getting the movie files to the computer

I am using a Firewire 1394 cable to connect the camera to my computer and windows imports the video files as wmv files.

• The topic was locked