Light-O-Rama Forums

wanted to see if its out there

jonstacey1

Has anyone tried to get a town block or several neighbors to sync all the home together? I think it would be neat if someone would do this. would this even be possible? I cannot as I dont really have the neighbors that would be willing to do this... Just food for thought.

Jon

Rob's display is something to behold :) I think he's got 20 (maybe 21 now) houses all linked, both wired and using the Easy Light LInker wireless. I believe he told me he's used two 1000 foot spools of Cat 5e cable this year so far :)

-Gary-

Yep, up to 21 for this year. :cool:

and Gary not quite that much cable :D, I didn't have enough left on my spool so had to buy a spool from Lowe's (which for the price they charge for cat-5 should consider changing their name to Highs... but I digress).

Actually have a couple more houses expressing interest in joining.. I think one guy may have placed an order for a 16 channel controller and a couple ELLs.

Rob LaRe wrote:

Yep, up to 21 for this year. :cool:

and Gary not quite that much cable :D, I didn't have enough left on my spool so had to buy a spool from Lowe's (which for the price they charge for cat-5 should consider changing their name to Highs... but I digress).

Actually have a couple more houses expressing interest in joining.. I think one guy may have placed an order for a 16 channel controller and a couple ELLs.

Hey Rob,
why are you Not a dealer Yet :shock:

Story time:

I live in a neighbor hood where all houses are on an acre. We have always had a large X-Mas display and our street can get pretty jammed up. About 4 years ago a neighbor that has a great sense of humor, but no Christmas spirit (at the time) went on line and bought some electronic components and created two huge red arrows and had them blink in sequence towards our house. We loved it! I went over and asked him how he was able to make those arrow blink. Well I went on line looked up synchronized Christmas displays and found LOR! 48 channels later, the rest is history!

PS our neighbor is now full of Christmas spirit and has a fantastic display as well.