Light-O-Rama Forums

Scedule editor software glitch

mikey

OK, then, running as an account with administrator privileges, make sure all your running programs are closed, and then open a command line prompt. In it, change directory to the directory where that MSWLESS.REG file is (I'm not sure I can read it correctly, but something like "C:Documents and Settingsadministrator.MCGONIGLEDesktopMSWLESS"). You change directory by typing "cd", a space, and then the name of the directory you want to change to.

Then type the following line:

regedit mswless.reg

Note that there's a space between "regedit" and "mswless.reg".

OK, first, you see in that last screenshot you posted, where it says something followed by "MSWLESS.REG is not a valid Win32 application"? That "something" is small enough that I'm not sure that I'm reading all of it properly. So, from here on out, I'm going to pretend it says "C:BlahMSWLESS.REG is not a valid Win32 application"; whenever I refer to "C:Blah", you should understand that to mean what it really says there, and whenever I say to type "C:Blah", you should type what it really says there.

Now, make sure that you are running as a user that has Windows administrator privileges.

Close all of your running programs. For example, in that screenshot, it looks like you've got Internet Explorer open, and Paint, and Windows Explorer. Close them all. And if you've got anything running in the System Tray (next to the clock in the bottom right), and you can see how to close them, close them too.

Go to your computer's Start Menu. Select "All Programs", then "Accessories", then "Command Prompt". This will open up a window where you can type stuff in to tell Windows what to do.

I would like you to type two separate lines into that command prompt. The first is this:

cd c:blah

Please note the following:

• As mentioned above, don't really type "c:blah"; instead, type the thing that precedes "MSWLESS.REG" in the thing that I'm not sure I can read correctly.
  • There's a space after "cd".
  • There are no other spaces, except probably within the thing that I'm not sure I can read correctly.
  • The slashes in the thing I'm not sure I can read correctly are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

Hit the enter key after typing that line. Next, type the following line:

regedit mswless.reg

Please note:

• There's a space between "regedit" and "mswless.reg".
  • There are no other spaces anywhere.
  • There's a period between "mswless" and "reg".

Hit enter after typing that line.

A window might pop up saying something like you might not want to do this unless you trust the source that's telling you to do it, and giving you the option to cancel. Decide whether or not you trust me on this, and either tell it to proceed or to cancel based upon that decision.

Assuming that you tell it to proceed, it should pop up with a window saying something like "The keys and values contained in MSWLESS.REG have been successfully added to the registry".

Hit "OK" to close that window.

Reboot.

Try the Schedule Editor.