Light-O-Rama Forums

Scedule editor software glitch

mikey

running scedule editor v2.6.2 advanced

the day's entires are not comming up and neither are the weekly shows

Usualy they apear in a glod or mustard colored window, but not this time. I did a registry wipe and reload but nothing.

Help pleae

Mikey

They're either lost or deceased. Your show files (with the suffix of .lss) should be located in the LightoramaSequences directory. If they're not, use Windows Explorer to look for the .lss file(s) and move them from wherever you find them to the aforementioned location. If you don't find them anywhere then hold your hand over your heart, close your eyes, say a few words of rememberence, and then open up the Simple Show Builder and make a new one.

No no... I have all of my music, sequences, and other data. I am pretty good with running around on the computer and finding what has been misplaced.

The actual program for the scheduler is corrupt. I have downloaded the software two time and the same thing keeps happening. When you open up the scheduler all the times for the day don't appear. I mean the entire little yellow box. Same thing with the weekly menu, no yellow box.

Is that an active x feature because my son found me some real "nice" mal-ware when he was playing "free" games. I have my active -x turned off.

Mikey

If nothing is showing up in the Schedule Editor's grid at all, and you're sure that you have things scheduled, I think the problem might be that your computer is missing a certain Windows component (mswless.ocx), or, more likely, that that component is present but not properly registered.

Please try the following:

Close the Schedule Editor, and other programs. Open up a command prompt (running with administrator privileges, if appropriate for your system). In it, type the following two lines:

cd c:windowssystem32

regsvr32 mswless.ocx

Please note the following:

1. There's a space between "cd" and "c:windowssystem32".
  2. There's a space between "regsvr32" and "mswless.ocx".
  3. There are no other spaces anywhere on either line.
  4. The slashes in "c:windowssystem32" are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

After doing that, a message box should pop up saying "DllRegisterServer in mswless.ocx succeeded." After that, try the Schedule Editor again.

Well I entered everything into the cmd line and got the DLLReisterserver in mswless.ocx message, but still all blank

Okay close your eyes and picture this:

I pull up the schedule editor v2.6.2 advanced

There is a blue header that runs across the top of the window

Below the blue header are the buttons left to right i have:

Save,revert,add, week (highlighted), calandar, help.

Scroll bar is all the way over on the right side

Below the buttons: nothing, no lines, no numbers, no boxxes, no anything.

When I click on the Calendar button I get the four month boxes with today's date circled in red, below or to the right.....NOTHING just empty space just like on the previous window.

All of the other software is up to snuff and good to go.

I'm no dummy this is my 5th year with lor, but this has me stumped.

If you're on Vista (or presumably later OSes, I don't know), you can use the "Snipping Tool", which you should find in the Accessories folder of your Start Menu.

If you're on XP (or presumably earlier OSes, I don't know), you can hit the "Print Screen" key, which will copy a screen shot to your clipboard; you can then paste it into something like MS Paint. Or, more specifically, holding down the "Alt" key while you hit "Print Screen" will copy a screen shot of the active window to your clipboard.

Mine does the same when I go to calender. Red circle but nothing listed. In weekly it shows up. Also my show does work . Turned on for four days and working good.

The daily schedule overrides the weekly schedule.

As an example, if you decide you want to take a video of the show and create a show to run before your usual show, then schedule this show as a daily show and don't schedule anything more for the rest of this day you will be unpleasantly surprised to learn that it will not run the normally scheduled weekly show.

basis21b wrote:

The daily schedule overrides the weekly schedule. 

As an example, if you decide you want to take a video of the show and create a show to run before your usual show, then schedule this show as a daily show and don't schedule anything more for the rest of this day you will be unpleasantly surprised to learn that it will not run the normally scheduled weekly show. 

In practice I've never used the daily schedule, for this reason. Even if I'm going to be out of town during the display season (rare) it would never be for a whole week, so I can just tweak the weekly schedule with any changes, and make sure it gets tweaked back by the next week...

That's exactly what happens when you don't have mswless.ocx registered.

When you did the regsvr32 thing, are you sure you did it for mswless.ocx? Are you sure you were running with administrator privileges? Was the Schedule Editor closed when you did it?

I would suggest rebooting and trying again.

Hmmm... maybe try going into Add/Remove Programs, selecting Light-O-Rama, and select "Repair"? Maybe that will force mswless.ocx to start behaving.

Make sure you have all your running LOR programs stopped before doing so, including the LOR Control Panel (the light bulb icon in your system tray). And I would suggest stopping all other programs first, too.

And don't do this if you have more than one Light-O-Rama entry listed in Add/Remove Programs. Instead, I would suggest uninstalling all of them, rebooting, and then installing the latest version (directly, not on top of an older version).

I am a defeated man:{

Bob, you have been great. I had 5 yes 5 different LOR programs. I've had the same computer for all these years of LOR. I went in cleaned them all out, bought a $30.00 registry cleaner program ran that, rebooted, did a fresh download, and the same results. Deleted new download, stripped register again, fresh download, enter two cmd lines from erlier posts...same result.

Bob, I have no idea what to do.