Light-O-Rama Forums

Overload?

Guest guest

I have a 16 channel 15 amp lor box. I have noticed that in some areas where dims are supposed to be there are just two flashes. I have also noticed that lights turn off in the middle of shimmer and twinkle effects when other things are dimming or just coming on/off. Is there a max capacity that the box can handle? Will LOR II be better?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

The fuse will blow on a unit if max power is exceeded. Is this happening in your show or via the Sequence Editor. If it is in the show do you have musical and animation sections and or background sections?

It sounds to me like the box is getting wierd commands. If this is all happening with just one sequence running, could you send a copy of that sequence to me info@lightorama.com with a little note of the problem....

I don't think I made myself clear enough. I'll give examples.

Sometimes when i have a dim,I get a flash where it starts and where it ends

Sometimes I'll have a long shimmer/twinkle, and it only plays about half way through.

What i mean is that there may be a max amout of commands sent by the software at the same time?

No power overload problems.

P.S. I worked out the shimmer issue by putting short half brightness commands in the middle.