Light-O-Rama Forums

10'meg.atree

cappy

i would divide it into 8 sections, then string your red and green lights up and down (one red, one green, one red one green, etc) so you have two strings of red and two strings of green in each section.

do you kno.wof any calculators that can help me figure out the number of light strings to use. i have my hooks spaced 5" apart giving me 48 hooks with 3 string per chanel theonly thing is they would be spread out over 30" per channel would that look alright?

number of light strings is a personal choice...

for me, I wanted a very "full" looking tree...so I have 120 strings. And my tree is not a full circle. I am only using the front "half". So I have a two strings twisted together every every 1", and since the strings are about 8' long, they just go once from top to bottom.

How many strings do you have to use?
Will one string just go one length of the tree?

My spacing was dependent on the number of strings I was using. I then divided the length of the arc at the bottom of my tree by the amount of twisted strings to determine equal spacing.

Kinda hard to explain...wish I could draw you a picture.

EDIT: IF you already have your hooks 5" apart, I don't think you need a calculator to determine how many strings to use...just count the hooks. If you want a more color or a "fuller" look...put two strings per hook...or even put another hook between each hook you have now.

If you have the time...start attaching your strings to your tree, but only go half way around...light it up and see how you like it. If it looks good..do the other half. If not, make some changes (IE, more hooks, or doubling up the strings).

thanks for the help i think i got it i'll have to try putting some on and see how i like it if i don't i'll try it again. my light strings are 23.5' enough to go up and down i'll use 3 strings per channel and see how that looks thanks again.

I Did my mega tree with 24 strands of green minis and 24 strands of red minis and 24 strands of Colored LED C7's

What I did was run 3 strands of red at the rear center portion of my mega tree for channel 1 of that unit followed by 3 strands of green Channel 2 and then 3 strands of red for channel 3 and so on and so on.

I did 8 sections of each to cover the untire mega tree for a total of 16 channels. The colored C7's are evenly spaced around the tree and are all on one channel of another unit.

Originally my mega tree was a little over 20 feet with a telescoping flagpole and each strand went from top down to bottom. But my pole snapped in half the other day during a windstorm so after some repair work and a decision not too have it that high I didnt raise both of my upper sections of the pole. Instead the mid point of the tree (weakest) now has 2 sections inside of eachother to strengthen it.

because of that my tree is obviously shorter now (about 12 feet). Now each strand of my minis goes from top to bottom and back to top. So even though my tree is a little shorter is looks alot fuller.

There are some pics of it (before and after) when i was talking about the damage in this thread ... http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum82/21001.html