Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio volumes

rslx

Is there a way to make all the audio for each sequence the same for when it plays? I bought some songs on iTunes, others from CD's and their volumes are all different - some really quiet. I've edited a few in GarageBand, then transferred them to my PC, but it didn't help much.

LOR could use a "volume limit" deal like iTunes has! Or, I bet it does, but I just have the Basic so I can't use it yet.

Just normalize them all to a self determined RMS level in a free audio editor. A range from -12db to -16db is typically sufficient. I prefer to keep audio manipulation to software designed for it.

On the other hand, I DO wish there was an option to output LOR's audio output to a secondary soundcard. There is no way to do this that I'm aware of.
S

Sthunder69 wrote:

On the other hand, I DO wish there was an option to output LOR's audio output to a secondary soundcard. There is no way to do this that I'm aware of.
S

Couldn't you use an External Sound Card/Device like the M-Audio Pre-Mobile?

Mine has a headphone jack with it's own separate volume control. Never thought of running my FM Transmitter out of that jack.

Or were you wanting to be able to use TWO different outputs at the same time...one for your computer audio and another one for LOR?

No problem. It's a slick little program. Another good free one for editing mp3's is Audacity. I've used Audacity to shorten songs.

jimswinder wrote:

Or were you wanting to be able to use TWO different outputs at the same time...one for your computer audio and another one for LOR?
Yup... every thing in my house practically runs through my PC (Home theater, etc). No one can watch anything without going to my son's room or using a laptop. I COULD route VLC out a secondary card probably, but it wouldn't be 5.1 as those cables run to my hi-end primary card. I could change the wires over to my secondary, but that's just silly. LOR should be able to route to a specific audio port!
S