Light-O-Rama Forums

Video will not play

rdebolt

I am running Windows XP Pro and LOR version 2.6 (downloaded last night to try and fix problem). I cannot get my video to play on my projector. I have the preferences set to display video and selected which monitor, but my videos (Mpeg2) will not play. The sequences run fine, but no picture. If I select audio visualization, the visualizer graphics play. Also ran a video for Halloween that ran fine. Any help would be appreciated!

bob wrote:

What happens if you try to play those video files directly in Windows Media Player, rather than in Light-O-Rama?
They play fine. If I move widows media player to monitor 2 it will play on the projector.

Hmmm... I thought maybe we had a mistake in the list of things that we consider to be video files, but we do consider *.mpeg files to be video files.

The only other thing I can see that might cause this is that at one point we ask Windows Media Player for the "media type" of the file, and if it doesn't say "video", then we don't try to display it as a video. Perhaps WMP is telling us something other than "video" (although that would seem strange, since WMP itself plays the file as a video).

Could you please send me a copy of the file, so I can check out what WMP tells us it is? My email address is bob@lightorama.com.

In the meantime, to get you up and running, perhaps try converting it to some other type of video file? I personally am not familiar with video converter programs, so I can't give a recommendation for a particular one to use, but somebody here might be.

Ok I converted my videos to avi files and they play fine. LOR must not be recognizing my mpegs as video files.
Thanks for the help! Now on to my next problem!:D

Bob, I am curious to see if you see anything wrong with the file or if it plays for you.

I sent you an email reply to the email you sent me with the video file, before I saw this question of yours in this forum thread, so you've probably already seen my answer, but just in case there's anyone else interested:

It's fine for me. It works (as video) in the Sequence Editor, in the Show Player, and directly in WMP.

I'm wondering if it's possible that you have some codec missing, or something about WMP is misinstalled, or something like that. It seems unlikely, since it plays as video for you directly in WMP, but I guess it's at least theoretically possible that something like a missing or misinstalled codec could cause WMP to play it as video but to tell other applications that it's not video.