Light-O-Rama Forums

Fireworks

colonel

Can someone more talented than me make a sequence on the ribbon that emulates fireworks? Yes the 4th will be here before we know it! Plan ahed.

Since I shoot fireworks, and try to incorporate my LOR props in some of our Fireworks Displays, I also wanted to create a fireworks looking Prop. I did and it looks great. I used a 10' 3/4" conduit for the tail. Utilizing 8 evenly spaced channels of white lighted strings. When you hit each Channel from bottom to top with a hard on and long fade off it appears as though it is a firework shell lifting. Then mounted on top I have made an 8 pointed break approx 7' in diameterwith 1/8" stiff wire with 4 differant colors of lights mounted along each wire. This utilizes 4 more channels. With the 4 differant colors I can create around a dozen differant color fireworks breaks. I have used this in some of our Fireworks shows, including last years National Fireworks Convention held in Mason City Iowa, as well as for my own use. I set it up outside and let it go all night during our Annual Super Bowl party each year. Its alot cheaper than real Fireworks that my buddy want.

I know its not just what you were looking for (re; ribbon) and its a late post, but I thought I would share it anyways.

Mike Schmidt

Perham, Minnesota

I can and I will. However I am using 9 of the ten controllers that I own and the 10th was sent in for repairs. If you can wait until after the holidays I would be glad to send you a video both during the daylight as well as after dark.

Mike

Im just going to use real fireworks on your christmas eve show. That is much better. Going to do a disney night at 9:30pm 3 songs to disneyworld music with fireworks and lights. Going for the moon on this one.

• 7 months later...

Hello;

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you regarding this project, but due to some unforseen events, work and Fireworks shoots I have not had much free time in the past few months. However I did say that I would provide you with project footage and I will. If you send me your address I will send you a CD with a project overveiw. Dont worry it not more than 5 minutes of veiwing. Also, if you would like to see it, you can go on You Tube and look for "Christmas Light Flag / LOR" and you will see the Firework on the right side of the flag. The flag is 10' x 20' and the firework is more than 14' high.

Enjoy Mike

Thankx George;

Didnt realize that we were so close. I just checked out some of your other videos, very nice. Would love to get together some time and chat. Off to National Fireworks Convention for 2 weeks, but I tend to shift gears when I get back. Refocus on Christmas lighting. Have you done anything with the New TSO "Nightcastle" soundtract yet? I will be using some of the second disk for a Pyro show next year but do see several opportunities to use it with christmas effects possibly as early as this season. Thankx once again for your post.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input! What I want my CCRS to do is come on 99% and fade off in say 5-10 pixel groups, kind of random. Maybe like 10 flashbulbs on each ccr that can go apparently randomly but really not and like a flashpoint. Think 1812 Overature.

RGB all on for white

151 to 1%??

152-----

like that?

• The topic was locked