Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing off on sequence

Bruce Kryfka

Well last night the members helped me with one problem now I have another.I decided too add 2 new sequences to the current 4 that I am playing. After the show decided not to run I ran verify too see if there was a problem. The message came back that the timing for one sequence was off so it would not play. I just decided too delete the 2 sequences I put in an go on with just 4 shows. I'm not sure which off the 2 shows the timing was off on but I plan on finding out. Once I find out is there a way to fix the time so it works or just delete the sequence and start from scratch.

I think I may of found the bad sequence where the timing was off. I will double check tomorrow to be sure. If it is that sequence I will delete it because I myself wasn't impressed with it anyways. Besides my computer may be on the way out and it will bring this season to a complete halt. I'll know more tomorrow. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "the message came back that the timing for one sequence was off so it would not play". Could you please say what the message said, exactly? Or the message number? Thanks.

Sorry for the incomplete message. I was a little frustated yesterday trying to get my show going and ending up with problems to fix. Eventually I got things together. Here is what verify said (Channel is completely off. Warning 28.) Hopefully this clears things up.

Bruce:)

warning 28 is telling you that a channel in the sequence has no events in it. I get that because I keep an "extra" channel in the sequencer to put the beat wizard output into. Two ways to get the warning out; 1. put some (1 is all you need) event in that channel or 2. delete that row.

My sequences run fine with the blank row in, but I'm not sure that is a good practice. As a newbie I didn't even know about the verifier until my show had been running for 10 days. There is so much to learn!

Bruce

I just looked at the sequence and know where the problem lies and will fix that right away. Thanks for the fix. At least I'm learning just like I did in school except I'm a lot older.

Bruce

I have the same thing happen because i dont use every light in every sequence.. it doesnt seem to hurt anything to have channels that arent used...

Right, it won't hurt anything. The Verifier is just warning you about it because it might be because you meant to turn those channels on, but just forgot.

For things like this, where it might be a problem, but the Verifier doesn't know it's a problem, the Verifier says it's a "warning". For things that it knows are problems, it instead says "error".

By the way, after it shows you a warning, and you determine that it's not really a problem, you might want to use the Verifier's "ignore this message" feature. Then, when you run the Verifier in the future, it won't bother you about that particular message.

For details, please see the following page in the help file:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?verifier.htm