Light-O-Rama Forums

MP31602 Controller - Scheduling Question?

Jacksback72

I have the MP31602 Controller and here is my question:

I run shows from 6:00 to 9:00 pm every night, the show consists of 41 minutes of static with music and a 19 minutes of a musical light show which equals one hour. The show loops itself three times until 9:00 pm, at that point I would like a second show to start and just run static lights with music until 10:00 or 10:30 pm.

Is there a way to schedule it this way with two different shows?

Thanks for your help

Good morning

I schedule music from 4:pm to 5:55 pm

then schedule light show from 6:00pm to 9:00

then music again at 9:05 to 11:00pm

the music file is different show from the light show

the music controlls one channel for a single projector light

and a second channel (x10) projector for broadcast sign

the light show controls all channels

make two seperate shows (or more) and schedule as you want

Frank A.:)

Hi

I apologize

my mouth is ahead of my brain I see you have a mp3-1602

I control with a laptop so my suggestion is not accurate

I do not know what your options would be with a mp3-1602 unit

Sorry for the other reply

Frank A.:)

Yes, create a second show (show02) to start at 9:00pm and end at 10:00/30pm. If the first show goes past 9:00pm, the second show will start after the first show sequence, currently playing, is done.

I have done this with 6 shows that run 24 hours a day. After midnight security lights are turned on and daytime is just an announcement of the upcoming show for the night.

Dan

Yes - the end time of my show01 is the start time of show02. Each show has its own schedule.

I think I remember reading that if two shows are scheduled for the same start time, the lowest numbered show will take over.

Dan

I tested tonite and here is how I did it:

I scheduled first show01 to run from 7:00-7:15 with approx. 18 minutes of music,

then show02 run from 7:15-7:40 with approx. 24 minutes of music,

then show03 run from 7:40-7:45 with 6 minutes of music

It ran show01 on time and good and when the last song finished it shut off and the led were like this:

Solid red, Blinking orange and solid green

& 1602 led was solid red

Thanks, Bill

P.S. - i scheduled everything through the hardware utility MP3 tab

I would think that the second show should've taken off. You could try to set the end time of show01 to 7:18 and the start of show02 to 7:18.

Can you verify the contents of the memory card? I don't have one at home, but there are a set of files for each show on the card, something like ???01, ???02, etc.

The LED issue I reported to LOR maybe a week ago - I see the same thing on my end. The first time a show is waiting to be scheduled, the yellow LED blinks, green is steady and red is off. Once a show plays and is waiting for another scheduled show, the yellow LED blinks, green steady but red is now steady also. It doesn't seem to mean anything special. LOR is going to look into it.

The test was unsuccessful,

after the two songs at 8:38 it shuts off and blinks like it is waiting for next show to start but doesn't

I guess a question for Light-o-rama Tech Support?

Thanks, Bill

A couple more things. Schedule the shows again, but plug the SD card in when the second show is scheduled. Does the second show start then? Also are all the audio files mp3 128kbps?

And last, are you using the SD card that came with the system? I tried two other brands where one had a similar problem you are describing. It would play the first show, but that is all it ever played (it would not repeat the first show without me unplugging the SD card to start it over).

Hope this helps,
Dan

I have used these sequences already this year during tests - so I know they work meaning:

I schedule (8) songs sequenced for a show and then another (14) for static until the next sequenced show begins that is a full 60 minutes total and it loops itself.

Another test? Do you mean schedule another 8 minute show then take out card and re-install card to see if the next show starts?

OR

Schedule 1st show at 8:30-8:38 and 2nd show at 8:38-8:45 insert card at 8:37 to see if show starts at 8:38?

Bill

Schedule 1st show at 8:30-8:38 and 2nd show at 8:38-8:45 insert card at 8:37 to see if show starts at 8:38?

Almost.. Schedule the shows with the above times (or later now). Plug the SD card in during the second show, for example at 8:40. The show will start if the current time is between the start and end time of that show.

Dan