Light-O-Rama Forums

Light fading problem on one of the controllers

Keith Caraway

I am running 2 lor controllers, I have about 11000 lights on them, not exceeding the limit though. I have been running shows since the first of November..I noticed that the fading sequences are not working now..Everything was working fine the other day..Now the lights will not fade up or down on controller 1 for some reason.. I have tried to reset the auto configuration and test the lights..I have tried tripping the GFI plugs to see if the controller needs to reconfigure itself..but no dice..When they are supposed to fade up or down, the lights just automatically turn on at 100% brightness. Is there something else I can try or did something possibly burn up on one of the controllers? Please help.....Keith

Keith - your info doesn't list in what part of the country or world you live. Depending on where that is, the problem might be weather/climate related. Or it might be related to infestation by Japanese beetles or something along those lines. Have you absolutely ruled out moisture or insects?

I live in Peoria IL..It has been a very rainy season..I do have them off the ground under my overhang of my house, plus I have a tarp over them in case of snow blowing..I have it pretty loose, to allow the controllers to breathe though..I am running some C7 lights and mostly mini lights (100 per strand)..We recently had a infestation of Asian Lady Bird Beetles about 3 weeks ago..So I guess I should open the controller up and see if any of those beetles got in...I will check it out and get back to you...Thanks for responding...Keith