Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tjmarty

16kpc Chanel's come on and stay on

Do you know which controller is causing the problem or have you plugged in each one individually and still get the same problem?

My guess is one of the controllers is getting interference / feedback and causing all your other controller to have problems.

What do you have plugged into the new controllers, animated deer or anything other than regular lights?

Feedback could be coming back through from something out in the yard too.

Let us know

SteveA wrote:

I checked all my cables,and I am using cat 5 and cat 6 cables. Should I be using just cat 5 cables or can I use both? Help!!!

Steve

Well, I found my problem... Kind of....

After replacing all my cables and re-routing them... MY PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE!!!

But I finally had time tonight once everyone watching left, to go out and test...

My problem was with DMX... I am not sure yet if it is the iDMX itself, or one of the lights attached, but what I do know is that when the iDMX is attached, my lights flake out. when it is not attached, they don't.

Need to test further.. but for tomorrow I will run without the DMX which is just controls my floods. (where are the XMAS floods?)

Thanks,

Scott.

OK. it's official, My problem was a bad (homemade) DMX cable...:shock:

Replaced the DMX cable and everything is working perfectly.

Made all new cables and routed them away from and power cords. Problem still there. Made a terminator and installed in the last box. 99% of my problems went away. Still had 1 channel hanging on only on 1 song. Found that I did not save that song to the updated LOR program. Made 1 change in song and resaved updated program and problem went away.

Thanks everybody

Steve A.

aka Santa in Argyle Texas