Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's interfering with each other?

Christmas_time_karl_UK

When programming manually 25 pixel mode R G B. Unit 12 CCR affects Unit 11 CCR.

Unit 11 works fine until a sequence is added into the frame work for Unit 12 CCR.

Unit 10 CCR is unaffected.

Please can someone help? I am baffled.

Thanks

ok will do this and my other problem:

When programming manually 25 pixel mode R G B. Unit 12 CCR affects Unit 11 CCR.

Unit 11 works fine until a sequence is added into the frame work for Unit 12 CCR.

Unit 10 CCR is unaffected

Many many thanks by the way!

Another thing to check is that you have the proper channel assignments particularly unit id's for the two CCR's that are affected.

ok have reset it all have just the CCRS together at momment and still same results so its not my 2x 16 channel boards messing it up and their ids are 1 and 2.

The ccrs are now 6, 8 and 10 Ids

And still get lights flashing on Id#6 (Replicated of ID#8) when they shoudlnt be!

I made a manual sequence, got each CCR set to 25 pixels and im controling 75 channels per a CCR or R G B.

My unit #08 interferes with #06

#06 is fine and #10 is also fine.

Whats going on!?

If they are set in Legacy Unit ID mode, the unit IDs will overlap since they are taking 6 consecutive unit IDs each.

Thanks for your reply john,

What is legacy mode and how can I stop this?

Also my CCR #10 when its running the LOR demo sequence, on the jumps from end to end and to centre of controller some pixels are missing?

Again many thanks for this john, very under pressure as still have to sequence these suckers in to some shows and not sure if to go manual or macro as I am not sure about how to manipulate the macros?!

I dont think that makes a difference? I have already spaced them out by 2. I think its to do with this legacy business which I am waiting to hear back about.

Thanks

From reading some of these posts it sounds like your CCR is in legacy mode otherwise you would of known what the term means and how to change it.

To change it to normal mode read page 12 http://lightorama.com/Documents/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf

Hope this helps!

Darryl

Christmas_time_karl_UK wrote:

I dont think that makes a difference? I have already spaced them out by 2.

Yes, but if the units are in legacy mode, they will take 6 IDs each - you only have them spaced out by 2, so they will be overlapping.

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

Yes, but if the units are in legacy mode, they will take 6 IDs each - you only have them spaced out by 2, so they will be overlapping.

It's actually 10 id's... 16 channels x 10 unit id's = 160

Sorry Karl its page 13 my mistake. :D

There is some other useful information in the manual when you get a few minutes that you should look over page 24 :Caveats

Page 12 shows you how to navigate to the CCR configure screen

Hey thanks for that,

Im not going to lie, I dont actually know what it all means....ie what are the +ves and -ves of legacy or normal mode and I dont even know what the word cavet means either let alone the stuff its talking about! Would somone be kind enough to give me some answers etc in laymans terms?

Many thanks

Karl

Where to start....

Because the CCR has up to 157 channels ( 50 red, 50 green, 50 blue + 7 macros ) LOR had to give you a way control these 157 channels either by setting the CCR in legacy which means that it will have 10 unit id's ( providing your resolution is set to 50, this is the way most will use it IMO ) Example unit #1 controls the first 16 channels- the first 6 red LEDs, the first 5 green LEDs, and the first 5 blue LEDs. unit #2 controls the next 16 channels 5 red LEDs, 6 green LEDs, 5 blue. This continues until unit #10 and all 50 red,green and blue LEDs have there own channel. Also on unit #10 the seven macro channels are there starting at unit#10 channel #7 through channel #13. Channels 14-16 are spare for future use.

Or you can use the CCR in normal mode which means that the CCR gets one unit id number and has 157 channels. Each channel for the 50 red,green, and blue LEDs + 7 macros.

As for pros and cons of each there really isn't any. They both control the CCR. It's just personal preference. I prefer normal because to me it's easier to have one unit id than having 10. ( Less chance for mistakes on channel assignments ) but that's just my opinion.

Now for caveat

Main Entry: ca

This might be off topic but I hope it will help..

If you forget the macros and program each of the 150 channels you get more control of the CCR. The best part you do not have to learn anything new... AND IT IS EASY.

Program the channels just like we have always done. In one day I went from What the heck am I going to program the CCR (look at past posts) to it being the main attraction in my display... People for some reason think having macros makes it easy... Not so. Complicates the sequencing process. Wait till you are trying to verify the cells that have a value of 1. These little bugaboos can be tedious...

Here are some links:

How to with samples....
http://christmascarolina.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526

Demo videos:

http://www.vimeo.com/7879484
http://www.vimeo.com/7879231
http://www.vimeo.com/7878857
http://www.vimeo.com/7878683

The star I made.. I plan to tweek the sequences so each point of the star ia like a mini leaping arches. And I have 5 of them...

• The topic was locked