Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming for Christmas

toddmoon

I have a number of songs that I sequenced for a summer 4th of July show. I am now coming up Thanksgiving and I am nowhere near ready for it.

I have imported the sequences I used for the 4th of July and I am looking at them for my Christmas show. These are rock sequences and I have some classical sequences. Has anyone recycled programming for other shows before? I am just in a big time crunch and I need to get my lights going.

Ideas, suggestions.

Ouch. I feel your pain.

IMHO, if you recycle, that would get you up and running fast, and then you'd have some time to tweak the old sequences and/or work on a couple of new ones to introduce in a week or two. And your visitor's would have something to see in the meantime.

That's where I am, too, big time. I'd like to have 6 or 8 songs ready by Thanksgiving night, but at least it will be running a couple of songs by the end of this week.

As a visitor, I'd be thankful that anything was up. I recall our dad would take us to visit displays that changed little if at all from year to year. And it was no less special.

Good luck! (Let's avoid the crunch next year.)

I wouldnt worry so much about having 6 or 8 songs... I notice that most cars will stop and watch for 10 minutes most.. and probably you want to keep people flowing through.. so having a display that runs 25 or 30 minutes may stand to block up traffic more than a shorter show...

im also of the mind that using your same songs from july 4th is neat.. im glad to see people branching out.. as much as i love TSO and their songs sequenced to lights.. it just seems every display I drive up in front of had the same songs.. now people are branching out which is great
-Christopher

how many channels are you running,i have recieved 23 32 channesl sequences,im just waiting for the contact artist so i can go to itunes and download,once i know the correct artists in can send you the email and then the artist list if you would like...mike

I am running 32 channels. I have imported about 20 songs that I had sequenced a format of 1 minute to each song. They are a variety of songs from rock to classic and some country songs.

Surprisingly they work very well and will not take much to teak them to what I have laid out. Any programming that people are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Knowing the correct artist for the songs helps a bunch too.

All of the 4th of July songs I sequenced I have uploaded to LOR share files.

my email is t o d d m o o n @ y a h o o . c o m

I have 4 sequences for 176 Channels.. im not sure if they will do anyone any good because large numbers of channels are tougher to convert down to smaller channels than it is to go the other way...

jerry vale - silver bells
micro Xmas - jingle bells (techno)
DJ Schwede music box dancer (holdman edit)
yule - amazing grace (Holdman edit)

-Christopher

Programming down to 32 channels would be quite a job. Thanks for the offer though. I have about 40 songs that I just need to tweak from my 4th of july program. I still have my 16 channel programming from last year to work with as well.

I have put out all of my lights today and got them all hooked up to the computer portion of the light display. I still have elements on my static display to finish as well as make a donation box for my Toys for Tots charity box.

I never run out of idea's just time. I was planning on adding another controller for this Christmas show but I have not had the time to properly sequence for 32 channels let alone 48. I purchased 16 new stars to use with my show using Holdmans programming. I just have run out of time this year to get it setup. There is always next year.

I still have a state certification test for my EMT credentials that I have to take in two weeks and I really have to get ready for the test now that I have my lights out and hooked up.

Everyone thanks for the ideas and help.