Light-O-Rama Forums

Will a musical sequence overide an animation sequence

michael spencer

In the schedule editor could I put an animation sequence to run from 7pm to 9pm and then add a musical sequence over the top from say 7.30 to 7.45 and 8.15 to 8.30. Hope this makes sence.

Mike.

They will run at the same time. Therefore, you'll want to make sure your animation sequence uses channels mutually exclusive from the musical sequence. Otherwise you can get bizarre results (both will attempt to control the channel at the same time)

Well, wait, I don't think you have to forget that idea.

They'd play simultaneously if you put the animation sequence in either the Animation section or the Background section of the show. But if you put it in the Musical section of the show (which you can do despite the fact that it's not a musical sequence), they wouldn't play simultaneously.

You'd probably have to schedule the animation sequence multiple times in a row, all in the Musical section, or else make a longer version of it ("Edit / Change Total Time" followed by a copy and "paste multiple all the way to the end of the sequence").

Wait. You can play multiple shows at the same time? I thought the schedule editor only allows one show at a time. I know you can play multiple sequences at the same time.

No, you can only play one show at a time.

I'm not sure if that question was inspired by what I wrote or not, but in case it was:

I'm just suggesting that he treat the animation sequence as if it were a musical sequence, by placing it in the Musical section of the (single) show. That way, it won't play at the same time as the (real) musical sequence.

So, something like this, in the Musical section of the show:

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las

SomeSong.lms

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las

SomeOtherSong.lms

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las

MyAnimation.las