Light-O-Rama Forums

ITunes and LOR

Guest guest

Will windows media player play it? If so, you can probably get it to work by typing the complete file name, including extension in the box (ie: myfile.mp4). If Windows media player won't play it, then it's not going to work with LOR.

Don wrote:

iTunes and Windows Media Player don't really play well together. You will have to find a way to convert the downloaded song into a format WMP will play.
mp4 is now a standard format. Not sure what, if any, versions of WMP will play it though.

iTunes uses a protected AAC audio format for their downloads. Try this work-around:

Create a playlist in iTunes of the music you downloaded.
Burn an audio CD of that music.
Re-import the music in mp3 or another format that LOR recognizes.
Try the new file.

Remember that you now have two copies of the same tune. One in the old protected format and one in the new unproteced format. Be sure to use the right one. It's not elegant, but I think it should work.

DefDF

that's what i did and it worked for me. i'll go into a little more detail

download the song(s) on itunes

make a playlist and burn the cd

go to edit-preferences-advanced-importing

where it says import using select mp3 encoder and hit ok

re-insert the cd and import the files

that should do it

Greg

dschwab9 wrote:

You may want to rip it to a WAV file. I'm not sure what effects compressing it twice (once as mp4 and again as mp3) would have on sound quality, by I imagine it would take a hit.

According to the PC Mag article I mentioned in the clone of this thread, nobody could tell the difference in their tests, although they agreed the double-compression should make it worse sounding.

-Tim

Some of the I tunes are write protected - you can not convert them to MP3 or burn to a CD. I found a program by Tunebite that will convert the Itune to a OGG or MP3. Sometimes the LOL program will not read it or it will act strange (I had a couple of songs that would not stop playing). So, I used Audacity to convert from OGG to MP3 and it worked.