Light-O-Rama Forums

Need song to fade away

Panteradon

I'm assuming the song itself already fades. If not, you can do that with Audacity.

To sequence the pattern you will have to use the Set Intensity tool and each time you repeat the pattern, set the intensity at a lower level. Fading shimmer or twinkle can also be used if they fit.

To expand on Dave's advice, I just recently learned how the foreground effect works in this regard and its pretty slick. Prior to that, I did my fades Brian's way and it took halfway to forever and was a royal pain. First, complete your patterns however you want them to the end of the sequence. Then click the foreground button, select the time frame that you want the fade to occupy, press the fade down button, and then press enter. That's all there is to it! Afterward you have to pressw the foreground button once again to exit that mode.

To further expand on George's expansion of my original post...

Another way to accomplish this is to select the cells you want to apply this effect too. Right click in the selection and choose foreground effects, fade down. NOTE: this does not work for shimmer or twinkle. You will need to use the custom button for that. I am unsure if George's solution will work for shimmer or twinkle.