• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sparky2305

• jimswinder

• George Simmons

• toddmoon

I wish I had a spare buck or two, I'd go buy some more Christmas Lights! ;)

My big push starts this week with the intent of being done the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I use the three days before Thanksgiving to test and tweek the show. Last minute stuff, nothing drastic.

Tom

Moving good, too good, starting to think I am missing something. almost a 1/4 of the way there.

William, how do you post multiple pics here?

Long way to go, only got one item up today but it took 8 hours, I think that I am sick (cough cough) ;) next friday to get a little more done

What kind of rope light is the MERRY made from?

Tonight I hung the wire support matrix about 10 feet off the ground in my front yard. Its going to hold Meteor lights and about 40 strobes and 4 rope strobe strings. Also support the CCR arches.

Guest wbottomley

cenote wrote:

Moving good, too good, starting to think I am missing something. almost a 1/4 of the way there.

William, how do you post multiple pics here?

Upload your pics to your web server or photobucket. Then post the link to the image with bbcode.

Guest wbottomley

ItsMeBobO wrote:

What kind of rope light is the MERRY made from?

Tonight I hung the wire support matrix about 10 feet off the ground in my front yard. Its going to hold Meteor lights and about 40 strobes and 4 rope strobe strings. Also support the CCR arches.

The ropelight is Crown 1/2".

This sign is a replica of Kevin Thomas' (wirekat).

I will post an image when it's completed.

William,

Mice sign, I made one exactly like it two years ago,It looks like each letter will be a seperate channel, alot of animation possibilities there

looking good

greg

We haven't started setup yet. I will start on Sunday the 1st. I am still waiting for some rope light and mini m5 led's and 8 controllers to show. Hope it all arrives on time

Had some beautiful weather yesterday so I spent about 7 hours on the roof getting ~1,300 C7 lights in place and wired. Tested last evening and replaced a handful of burned out lights and then realized that at least half my yellow and maybe 20 to 30 reds have started to crack and peel. Thought I was set for lights this year but looks like I need to order a few hundred more C7s from Action Lighting. :)

Should get the lift from my son's work to do the trees next weekend, beats the heck out of a ladder and climbing trees. Hope he doesn't lose his job before I finish LOL. It's a twenty foot scissor lift for FREE!! Pretty cool huh??

Was up on the roof cutting/installing my guy wires for my Mega Tree.

Will set that up the weekend before Thanksgiving, along with most of the other lights...then the 5 Mini Trees Thanksgiving morning.

Probably cutting it too close, but have a strange feeling my mini trees will be vandalized at some point. I am even taking the precaution of chaining them down (how sad is that??? :)

start?! haha! i was hoping to get started this weekend, but the haunted house i am running needed some repairs. so hopefully this will be a productive week, got the yard cleaned up today. now i can start on the display. oh....wait....i have go to work too...(cough) i hope (cough) that i make it to work.

as everyone gets started putting up the displays......

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SEASON THIS YEAR

I've got everything constructed and have some poles and arches deployed already. I got a friend who doesn't have any regard for his own life to put some lights up near the roofline. I'm going to be working on putting lights on my neighbor's roofline today and tomorrow I'll be replacing rope light in the large "beat tree" in front of the house. I'm hoping to get all the poles, arches, and spinners up by the weekend so I can make the three or four dozen ext. cords I still need. Target date for completion is November 7 - depending on how long it takes my Yankees to dispose of the Phillies. I'm hoping for a sweep so I don't have to spend valuable yard time sitting in front of the telly...

it will be a sweep alright...but by the Phillies!!!!!

(Sorry...from Seattle so have quite the disdain for A-Rod)

I have my wife and neighbors to contend with. I live in a small town and so everyone pretty much knows everyone. I have been getting a few kill joys who have making comments like it is not Christmas yet do not start putting your Christmas out.

They have no clue how much time and work it takes for the show they enjoy. As I put together my displays each year my wife gets excited about it and lets me go for it.

The thing that has been slowing me down this year is having to work 70 hours a week at work and I got a wild hair and decided to upgrade my EMT certification and signed up for a class this summer. The class and testing with clinical's has used up almost all of my spare time. I had several new items that I was going to create for Halloween that had to wait this year and will happen next year.

I have all of my Clinical's and practical testing done for my EMT certification and now I just have to take my state written test.

I am going to start working on putting things out this weekend and I am hoping to have it all lighted up for Thanksgiving. My EDM radio unit has developed a horrible hum so I have to send it in for repair. I hope that does not take very long.

Hi toddmoon,

I have not heard of many EDMs that developed problems so it caught my attention. Did you try and replace the power adapter to see if that got rid of the hum? Just trying to save you from sending it back.

tom

I have been pulling storage tubs out of the storage unit, so I'm hoping to get started this coming Saturday or Sunday. (weather permitting).

Changing the power supply helped with the hum issue with my EDM unit. Thanks for the information. I have to position it right. If I have the power cord by a speaker it picks up a hum.

Again thanks for the information.