Light-O-Rama Forums

Clarify my understanding...

Joe Noe

While I don't have any CCR's yet, I'm hoping they will be on the way soon. With that being said, I'm trying to come up with a game plan to add them to my display if I get time for this season. I just want to make sure I understand if they will work in the way I currently program so that I can actually work on getting them added into to my sequences.

I only use White, Red, Blue, and Green in my display. So, If I set the Unit ID mode to Normal, the resolution to 10 pixels, and the Channel Mode to Sequential, will I end up with 10 Red channels followed by 10 Green channels followed by 10 blue channels in the sequence editor that I can program like normal with fades, intensity changes, ect? Then to produce white, I just fire them all at once, right?

For programming in the sequence editor, I would just add the channels into the Sequence Editor, assign Channels 1-10 on that controller as Red, Channels 11-20 Green, Channels 21-30 blue. Then, to represent this via the animation window, it would be just like normal for those 30 channels I just created, except that I couldn't represent "white" necessarily. I'd just have to know that if all 3 colors were on, this would mean white.

Am I on track provided I don't care to use macro effects and the like?

Thanks

That is correct. That is how I'm doing it now. I'm using a resolution of 25 but the same idea works with 10.

You can also easily see what the CCR is doing in the animation window. The only thing you won't see is the "white" color but you will see the Red, Green and Blue all on at the same time.

At this point, it seems to be the easiest way to program these things if you want more control then just using the macros.

Perfect. Thanks for the response. I just didn't want to set it up in my sequence editor and find out later that it wouldn't work. I appreciate it.

• The topic was locked