Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick Start Guide for Cosmic Color Ribbon

LightORamaJohn

This guide shows you how to configure a Color Ribbon for use and then experiment with the macro and color effect modes. You can then use this information to more easily add the ribbon to your shows.

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/QuickStartGuideForColorRibbon.pdf

Latest firmware:

http://test.lightorama.com/downloads/CCR150D_V1-06.lhx

Thanks John. I am going to try this out tonight.

Also thanks for posting the sequences on forums. I was able to try my CCR with those. Maybe the manual should make a reference to a downloadable test sequence for people that may not frequent the forums.

John,

Thanks this has helped give me a better feel for my CCR.

One thing that I did notice that seems wrong or different is the following.

Step 4

Changing your CCR unit ID, I tried to change the unit from 1 to 15 and after Refreshing the Hardware Utiliy found the unit at 15 but did not know it was CCR. Because it was unrecognized the Configure button did not enable the CCR Config Screen button. After trying several things I realized that the CCR will not be recognized as a CCR unless it is powered down and then powered back up after setting the new unit ID.

I do not remember having to do that with any PC type controllers before.

Thanks again for this new info.

Ed P wrote:

Changing your CCR unit ID, I tried to change the unit from 1 to 15 and after Refreshing the Hardware Utiliy found the unit at 15 but did not know it was CCR. Because it was unrecognized the Configure button did not enable the CCR Config Screen button. After trying several things I realized that the CCR will not be recognized as a CCR unless it is powered down and then powered back up after setting the new unit ID.

I tried this and it worked properly. I did not have to power it down.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for my ignorance.. brand new LOR user..

So to connect this to an existing LOR system using CTB-16s, do I need the DMX XLR connector?.. or does it just sit in line with the CTB-16s and add 150 channels to my sequences?

Also.. in the video it says it can be cut.. so to make 2 arches 10ft apart.. can I cut it, then put in an extension cable to join the 2 halves, then just program it as though it was one piece?

**Ignore.. just read the quick guide!.. explained it better than the manual!

• The topic was locked