Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara radio and clock chimes

chris2k

This is going to sound a little confusing, and i was wondering if anyone has done this any other way:
I wanted to have a clock chime on the hour, every hour, without interupting any other playing audio. So i created 12 audio files, 1 chime, 2 chime etc. I scheduled them to play exactly at the right times in zara. But i didnt want it to interupt my regular halloween music. I wanted it to play over whatever was currently playing. I had to open two instances of zara to do this. one is just playing my clock files on scheduled events and the other is just playing my halloween music. I found though that i could only get the scheduled events to work in the first open instance of zara. A second instance of zara was ignoring any scheduled events.

Anyone else have any better ways to do this?
Thanks,
Chris

chris2k wrote:

This is going to sound a little confusing, and i was wondering if anyone has done this any other way:
I wanted to have a clock chime on the hour, every hour, without interupting any other playing audio. So i created 12 audio files, 1 chime, 2 chime etc. I scheduled them to play exactly at the right times in zara. But i didnt want it to interupt my regular halloween music. I wanted it to play over whatever was currently playing. I had to open two instances of zara to do this. one is just playing my clock files on scheduled events and the other is just playing my halloween music. I found though that i could only get the scheduled events to work in the first open instance of zara. A second instance of zara was ignoring any scheduled events.

Anyone else have any better ways to do this?
Thanks,
Chris

An optional configuration will give you ability to have schedules in both instances, which should solve your problem. It's in Tools-->Options --> General. You might pick up some other useful tidbits from my Zara tutorial if you haven't already checked it out.

http://lightoramasequences.com/content/view/59/82/