Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you add the Cosmic Color Ribbon to existing sequences?

hubba002

Rick,

I just played your demo. It looked really good! I do like your idea of making it 25 channels so you can at least see all of one color in the sequence editor. The animation looked pretty cool as well.

As long as I stick with the primary colors (Red, Green, Blue, White), It should be easy enough to program without the macros.

Thanks for sharing!

Jeff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rickharp

• LightORamaJohn

• JeffBlan

• ItsMeBobO

John

For the modes 5/6 chase. How do I set the speed to ZERO? Not moving. I was trying to slow the speed then reverse the direction.

John,

Seems like everyone is asking you for help here.

Ugh, do you know why the tracks do not "nest" like the help screen shows them. It would be useful for me to have one Beat Track and leave it glued to the top of the screen while i work on another track or tracks. the workaround for me is to create a beat track about every 25 rows. Nesting a few tracks though would be sweet. I am assuming it is in an upcoming enhancement. thanks

ItsMeBobO wrote:

For the modes 5/6 chase. How do I set the speed to ZERO? Not moving. I was trying to slow the speed then reverse the direction.

You can't. What I will probably do is implement a new chase macro where 50% is not moving and lower or higher intensities move the chase toward the controller or away from it.

Rick -- A very good example, thanks for posting it !! I'm not sure I have the time this year to update 19 songs with individual programming for 4 CCRs --- of course, I could RGB program 2 of them and Macro the others ... after I finish hanging the rest of the 40,000 LEDs .... [ugh]

Jim

I just finished, for the most part, the first draft of a fun song that is using 2 CCR's to create 4 arches. Like the above posts, I have stuc with the traditional way of programing the arches. This way you can see pretty clearly what it will look like in the animation view. I think it's worth posting as it gives some good ideas and is pretty neat.

So it is the final draft version of the one I previously posted here a week ago.

Attached files walkdontrun64ccr1.lms

rickharp wrote:

John,

Seems like everyone is asking you for help here.

Ugh, do you know why the tracks do not "nest" like the help screen shows them. It would be useful for me to have one Beat Track and leave it glued to the top of the screen while i work on another track or tracks. the workaround for me is to create a beat track about every 25 rows. Nesting a few tracks though would be sweet. I am assuming it is in an upcoming enhancement. thanks

I totally agree with this enhancement idea. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a "Freeze Panes" option like in excel so that the beat track I keep at the top could always be visable. With 288 regular channels and 4 CCR's, that scrolling to the top to establish the timing mark and then going back to the bottom gets to be a pain.

With that being said, thank you guys at LOR for all you DO give us to work with!

rickharp wrote:

I just finished, for the most part, the first draft of a fun song that is using 2 CCR's to create 4 arches. Like the above posts, I have stuc with the traditional way of programing the arches. This way you can see pretty clearly what it will look like in the animation view. I think it's worth posting as it gives some good ideas and is pretty neat.

So it is the final draft version of the one I previously posted here a week ago.

How are you using 2 CCR's to make 4 arches - with regards to bending the ribbon in that shape or are you cutting and rejoining with wires?

Christmas_time_karl_UK wrote:

rickharp wrote:

How are you using 2 CCR's to make 4 arches - with regards to bending the ribbon in that shape or are you cutting and rejoining with wires?

I set my resolution to 25, which leaves an odd channel (13), i just removed that from my sequence, and plan on sliding the conduit into sleeves or rebar, and keeping the two arches connected or joined in the middle.

Rick I tried to run your walkdontrun sequence but it asks for the media file. Could you save it as a LAS file or post the song as I would like to view it and maybe get some ideas.

I just received my CCR yesterday and played around with it for hours last night. I didn't see it posted anywhere so a heads up. There is a few typos in the manual I received from what I could see. The macro effect mode 5&6 are reversed. Also some of the channel #'s are mixed up in the example of color effect with macro effect.

rickharp wrote:

Like i'd like to have a 3 pixel wide blue chase left, then right, but have more than one across the strand. Seeing this would help me figure the programming.

This is what I came up with last night. 9 is the max #of pixels between the ones that are on as far as I can figure. Hopefully this helps.

Attached files blue chase ccr.las

Darryl Lambert wrote:

There is a few typos in the manual I received from what I could see. The macro effect mode 5&6 are reversed. Also some of the channel #'s are mixed up in the example of color effect with macro effect.

If the manual you received has a date on the front prior to October 19, then yes there were several typos with channels and macros. Here is a link to the October 19 V 1.2 manual that has a LOT of corrections in it.

http://lightorama.com/Documents/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf

Ok, I have read through this post 3 times and still don't see an answer to the original question. How do you add the ribbon to a sequence.

After I set the ribbon as one unit in the Hardware Utility with 50 pixels and RGB.

Am I correct in the following?

I have to add 157 channel into the sequence and Identify the unit as a LOR controller. As i label the first channel, I should ID the controller as having 160 channels in the pull down menu which will automatically assign channel numbers to the following 160 channels before I go though and label colors and macro channels. Than I must go thru the 157 channels and label each one.

Steve

The easiest way to add the CCR to your sequences for me was to add a new track with the following listings, I will call this unit OA for this exercise.

Unit ID OA Circuit 1 (red) / Circuit 2 (G) / Circuit 3 (Blue)

Circuit 151 (resolution) /Circuit 152 (Macmode) / Circuit 153 Mac Submode / Circuit 154 Mac Effect / Circuit 155 Color Mode / 156 Color Speed / 157 Color Intensity.

With those settings the quick start guide should get you going. For a simple test in a sequence make sure that the hardware utility is run and the unit is seen in your network. If you can't run it in the Hardware utility, don't bother trying a sequence.

With the coms confirmed from utility, then try a simple color change in a sequence.

Copy timings from another track to the CCR track to work with.

Use intensity settings to put your circut 1 at 100% (red), Circuit 152 at 1% for some period of time and see if your lighting up. The first three circuits based upon % of each color r/g/b is how you generate your color. If you want random colors, then leave these all at 0% and use the Color Macros. Go to step 7 in the handout which is good at explaining the color Macros. I like CM (155 at 8%) with CS (156 at 95%) and CI (156 at 99%) which is a nice twinkle of random colors. Good Luck

melwelch wrote:

What is the status of the software? Are more CCR improvements coming this season?

We decided that quick and dirty RGB support in the Sequence Editor was not the right way to proceed. The SE is undergoing a fairly dramatic restructuring to change channels into nested objects. The simplest object will be a current channel, so sequences will not look any different. A slightly more complex object is an RGB channel. This structure will make possible capabilities that Dan & I have been dreaming about for years.

Unfortunately, this change and more so the support load brought on by this time of year mean that this functionality will not be available for this Christmas.

We realize that this will result in extra effort for people and we are really sorry about that, but we think we are making the right decision for the long term. The macros and color effects in the CCR are an attempt to mitigate the inconvenience caused by our decision.

The macro and color effects in the CCR are just things I thought of and did. For us, Christmas starts in August and I felt that people had enough to do without spending time thinking about CCR firmware. (and also, there was no fussing about what to do for me to deal with) The layered internal structure of the CCR firmware makes the implementation of effects pretty easy. If people can agree on new effects (that are not crazy hard to implement) and would be useful to a lot of people, I will consider doing them now.

I guess i'll be the first one to ask for an effect or function to add to the CCR.

I would like to see the ability to set a background color and use the macros. I'm planning in part to have a white pole with a red chase on top. Right now the only way I see to do this is in RGB mode (A time consuming task) I don't know if it is easy or not to implement but would be much appreciated. Hopefully others agree. :-)

LightORamaJohn wrote:

We decided that quick and dirty RGB support in the Sequence Editor was not the right way to proceed. The SE is undergoing a fairly dramatic restructuring to change channels into nested objects. The simplest object will be a current channel, so sequences will not look any different. A slightly more complex object is an RGB channel. This structure will make possible capabilities that Dan & I have been dreaming about for years.

Unfortunately, this change and more so the support load brought on by this time of year mean that this functionality will not be available for this Christmas.

We realize that this will result in extra effort for people and we are really sorry about that, but we think we are making the right decision for the long term. The macros and color effects in the CCR are an attempt to mitigate the inconvenience caused by our decision.

The macro and color effects in the CCR are just things I thought of and did. For us, Christmas starts in August and I felt that people had enough to do without spending time thinking about CCR firmware. (and also, there was no fussing about what to do for me to deal with) The layered internal structure of the CCR firmware makes the implementation of effects pretty easy. If people can agree on new effects (that are not crazy hard to implement) and would be useful to a lot of people, I will consider doing them now.

Despondent and speechless. I think I will hold my thoughts until the morning.

Alright, I haven't had much time at all to try and figure this CCR out, but so far it's not making sense at all! All I want to do is leaping arches (at least right away). Does anyone have a sample file that shows the basic animations? The LOR sample is what I made one from, but it's not quite right. I have three CCR's and was planning on doing 3 arches. So how would I go about making those 3 arches, leap from one to the next to the 3rd, and then back again. In red, green and white sequences?
Thanks!

I'm Jealous Three CCR's!!!!

Anyhow heres a sample of what I think your looking for. I could only try it on my one CCR. :D

I don't know if you've configured the CCR's yet but in this sequence they are in normal mode. As well you might need to change unit id's. Just hover your mouse over the macro cells to see whats happening.:) It's really not that difficult once you understand the sequencing. It took me longer to add the extra arches than to sequence it!

Darryl

Attached files 3 leaping arches.las