Light-O-Rama Forums

Show stops before all sequences are played

Lou Knudson

:D I purchased some Halloween sequences from WOW Lights since I have not had time to do my own. I installed them onto the computer from the CD they provided as instructed. I used the LOR easy show builder to set up the show. I clicked on the sequences I wanted to use and also clicked on run continously. I then scheduled the show and it statred to play. Everything seemed to work fine until it stopped playing after the first four of six sequences of the show. LOR showed the show was still running and still enabled. The LED on the LOR controller remains on steadily so it's not the same problem I had last Christmas with losing communication. I tried setting up the show a second time and the results were the same. If I disable the show and then enable it the show starts again. I didn't have much time to trouble shoot the problem, but am wondering if there is a problem with the sequences they sent to me. I was thinking of setting up a show using just the two sequences they don't play to see if they will work. I might also set up a show using the sequences I purchased from LOR and used last Christmas to see if the still work correctly. I'm looking for suggestions as what to try, but probably won't have any more time to work on it until next week.

Try creating your show in the show editor and then putting in the schedule editor manually. The information is in the help file. Also the basics of how to are in most controller manuals as I recall.

See if maybe the simple show builder is causing the problem.

Chuck

I tried creating the show manually as suggested and the results are the same. The show still stops before all sequences are played and does not even repeat the ones that were.

I have been in contact with WOW Lights support. They suggested trying to play each sequence using the sequence editor to see if they all play. I will try this tonight after work.

I created another show using the sequences I purchased from LOR and used last Christmas. It ran as scheduled from 9 AM until 8 PM without any trouble at all so the problem must have something to do with the WOW Lights sequences.

Has anyone else purchased their sequences?

I went through each of the WOW Lights sequences and tried playing them using the sequence editor. I found one of them would not play. I created a new show without the bad sequence and everything seems to work fine.:)