Light-O-Rama Forums

1 channel is stuck ON after blowing fuse

losgatosca

I was hooking up my Halloween display for the first time and ran into a problem. One of my LED floodlights was defective and blow one of the fuses when I started my show. Channels 1 through 8 did not work. I pulled the fuse for those channels and replaced it with one from another controller. The channels started working again, however, channel three (that caused the blown fuse) is now on constantly ON even though the sequence cycles it ON for 10 seconds and OFF for 20 seconds.

Does anyone know why it would be stuck ON?

I'm planning to call LightORama tomorrow but thought someone on here might know what's wrong.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
Mark

The triac for that channel was most likely damaged in the current surge, and is now shorted on. The fuses will protect the triacs to some degree, but too good a short will cook the triac before the fuse can blow.

Talk with support, and you should find you have a range of options, like getting a new triac sent to solder in, or send the controller back for repair.

Because I have the worst luck in the land I blow a triad almost every year. I actually keep stock in them so when it happens I can fix them. LOR uses 600v 16amp triacs if you can find them locally.