Light-O-Rama Forums

encryption issue

bwolcott

So I have LOR Basic software at work and I own LOR Advanced software located at my home. (2 different computer systems)

When I build a sequence from work then bring it home and want to make changes I get an error that says the sequences is encrypted and can only be edited from the computer it was built on. (That is not the exact wording but close)

Anyone else get this? Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thanks

Bil

If you can't use what you have created on a basic license later on a fully paid licensed software then what is the use in having the basic version of the software? I do a lot of traveling and have been trying to work on some of the sequences on my work laptop while I am out of town. The work laptop has the basic version on it. So... Now are you telling me that the work I do while I am out of town can't be continued when I get home? That just sux.... If I didn't do this while I traveled then I wouldn't be able to have a show. I mean really what good is the basic version? I am already behind and now I know I am going to have to do the work over again? This needs to be addressed. If I have paid for it on my home computer then I should be able to use a file made in basic version on my advanced version.

Salts wrote:

If you can't use what you have created on a basic license later on a fully paid licensed software then what is the use in having the basic version of the software? I do a lot of traveling and have been trying to work on some of the sequences on my work laptop while I am out of town. The work laptop has the basic version on it. So... Now are you telling me that the work I do while I am out of town can't be continued when I get home? That just sux.... If I didn't do this while I traveled then I wouldn't be able to have a show. I mean really what good is the basic version? I am already behind and now I know I am going to have to do the work over again? This needs to be addressed. If I have paid for it on my home computer then I should be able to use a file made in basic version on my advanced version.

You've paid for it ... go ahead and put a license on your laptop. You have 5 available. Plus, if you ever need to reset your licenses, a simple email to LOR will solve the problem.

That's true.... LOL haha I guess I am just showing my country boy cheapness. :) LOL
I used to spend money without thinking about it until I got married 14 years ago. My wife has made me a little more thrifty these days.