Light-O-Rama Forums

Got the CCR.... Were is the software??

melwelch

I believe he is refering to ver 2.5.0 Beta that Dan let CCR owners download over the weekend. I was looking for the same RGB "magic button" he was asking about.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl Lambert

• LightORamaJohn

• JeffBlan

• Cblood

The software supplied by Dan is labled Ver 2.5.0 Beta.

The poster might have called it demo instead of beta, was my assumption.

He did mention the demo sequence

So have been reading alot, 4 CCR's on their way and while functionality appears to be coming in LORII. I'm confused even about the hardware utility. The manual show something that I cannot find in my version. Manual states click LOR Control tab on top of hardware utility then select Configure on the bottom set of buttons and I only see the DIO config screen no button or any way to get to the CCR config screen. did something change from the previous version 2.4.9 to 2.4.10?

Just also wondering what others are thinking about programming... It appears to me unless there is a major update to LorII that it might be a whole lot easier to program using a DMX interface to talk to the CCR. It then "appears" that you have a whole lot less controls channels to deal with to accomplish the same thing.

Thoughts all, btw not new to the game just new to the group, I travel a lot and barely keep up at times... Without the ccr's I'm at 160 channels of LOR.

You guys all have great ideas I must say I have learned a lot from watching and reading.

Curt

Cblood wrote:

I'm confused even about the hardware utility. The manual show something that I cannot find in my version. Manual states click LOR Control tab on top of hardware utility then select Configure on the bottom set of buttons and I only see the DIO config screen no button or any way to get to the CCR config screen. did something change from the previous version 2.4.9 to 2.4.10?

Curt

Ver 2.4.9 was not released to us. I believe (in case I missed an update) that the released software went from ver 2.3.8 straight to 2.4.10 which did not include the hardware utility update shown in the screen shot on page 12 of the manual you are referencing (in ver 2.4.9). 2.5.0 Beta, which Dan made availiable last weekend to the one's receiving their CCRs did include the change to the hardware utility so we could configure our CCRs.

Look forward to the next software release supporting the CCRs, which I hope is soon!

Thanks for the info.... No I didn't have 2.4.9 I was on 2.3.8 as you suggest I just "assumed" that I missed it since I went straight to 2.4.10. How do you get the beta that you refer to?

Thanks

C

LightORamaDan wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Will the RGB support allow for the combination of 3 existing controllers and the programming that is already in them?

If we do RGB programming now and then go to LOR S2 with RGB support will we loose all our programming if we want to take advantage of the RGB feature?

Paul,

I do not know the answer to that question but will get the answer shortly.

Dan

Before I got real serious about programming for the CCR I would want to know the answer to the above question.

It may not matter either way to some, but.......

If the answer is no to the question, then all programming done using multiple controllers for CCR will be lost changing over to the RGB controller when/if it is available.

Just sayin....

Cblood wrote:

Thanks for the info.... No I didn't have 2.4.9 I was on 2.3.8 as you suggest I just "assumed" that I missed it since I went straight to 2.4.10. How do you get the beta that you refer to?

Thanks

C

Post eleven in this thread, from Dan, last Friday gives that info.

Duke wrote:

Will the RGB software also work with the FireFly units?

It is supposed to work with all RGB devices which I am guessing could be the delay in the update.

JeffBlan wrote:

Just a quick question on this. I have the demo software but I was wondering if the "RGB support" is in the beta or is that something that is still being developed.

Yes I am sorry. I meant the beta software. Sorry for the confusion. I may play around with the LightShowPro demo to see how that works but I hope to see the LOR software.

I see version v2.5.2 has been released but I don't see any RGB support in the sequence editor. Is that still being developed and if so, when can we expect the software to be available?

• 2 weeks later...

I know I don't have to point out that it is almost November, but............... It is almost November:P.

Is there any reason for us to look for a LOR S2 release before November 1st that has RGB controller capabilities?

If yes or no, can the million dollar question be answered? Can a RGB setup using 3 controllers with existing lighting commands be merged into a RGB controller whenever it comes along?

Paul Roberson wrote:

I know I don't have to point out that it is almost November, but............... It is almost November:P.

Is there any reason for us to look for a LOR S2 release before November 1st that has RGB controller capabilities?

If yes or no, can the million dollar question be answered? Can a RGB setup using 3 controllers with existing lighting commands be merged into a RGB controller whenever it comes along?

Bump...looking for an answer.

Also posted in "How do you add the CCR...."

We decided that quick and dirty RGB support in the Sequence Editor was not the right way to proceed. The SE is undergoing a fairly dramatic restructuring to change channels into nested objects. The simplest object will be a current channel, so sequences will not look any different. A slightly more complex object is an RGB channel. This structure will make possible capabilities that Dan & I have been dreaming about for years.

Unfortunately, this change and more so the support load brought on by this time of year mean that this functionality will not be available for this Christmas.

We realize that this will result in extra effort for people and we are really sorry about that, but we think we are making the right decision for the long term. The macros and color effects in the CCR are an attempt to mitigate the inconvenience caused by our decision.

The macro and color effects in the CCR are just things I thought of and did. For us, Christmas starts in August and I felt that people had enough to do without spending time thinking about CCR firmware. (and also, there was no fussing about what to do for me to deal with) The layered internal structure of the CCR firmware makes the implementation of effects pretty easy. If people can agree on new effects (that are not crazy hard to implement) and would be useful to a lot of people, I will consider doing them now.

John, wow not surprised by your choices and support them, would have been nice to "have it all" but "all" is a big deal.... And going forward with time I know you guys will come up with the correct way to make it all function.

That said, I have a suggestion that I would like to see as a macro choice. you have already done it for the whole ribbon by allowing us to chase from one end to the other or from the center to each end and back, but this is utilizing the entire ribbon as one pixel.... good but what if you gave another choice by dividing the ribbon into 2 pixel sections and still having those functions for each pixel space... This way I could utilize the first 25 pixels as one for a single arch and the second 25 pixels as a second single arch utilizing one controller. I hope that makes sense in a short description... Please let me know if it does not. This would give me most of the flexibility I need without having to program individual channels, just utilizing 2 sets of RGB channels and setting the Macro channels. Allowing me to only have to deal with RGB and Macro channels this year until you all get the "BIG ONE" finished.

Thoughts????

And thanks for the product, it is cool and even with the more complicated programming it is a great addition to the display.

Curt

Thank you for the answer.

Are there any plans for us to be able to combine 3 existing controllers into a RGB controller when it is available?

Cblood wrote:

John, wow not surprised by your choices and support them, would have been nice to "have it all" but "all" is a big deal.... And going forward with time I know you guys will come up with the correct way to make it all function.

That said, I have a suggestion that I would like to see as a macro choice. you have already done it for the whole ribbon by allowing us to chase from one end to the other or from the center to each end and back, but this is utilizing the entire ribbon as one pixel.... good but what if you gave another choice by dividing the ribbon into 2 pixel sections and still having those functions for each pixel space... This way I could utilize the first 25 pixels as one for a single arch and the second 25 pixels as a second single arch utilizing one controller. I hope that makes sense in a short description... Please let me know if it does not. This would give me most of the flexibility I need without having to program individual channels, just utilizing 2 sets of RGB channels and setting the Macro channels. Allowing me to only have to deal with RGB and Macro channels this year until you all get the "BIG ONE" finished.

Thoughts????

And thanks for the product, it is cool and even with the more complicated programming it is a great addition to the display.

Curt

I second this request. I've seen many users who are hoping to "split" the ribbon across two arches. Being able to have the macros work on two sections of the ribbon would mean I would not have to use 25 channels.

Just to be clear, I would like to specify if I want the macro to run on the 1st half, 2nd half or the entire ribbon. Does that make sense? I could then use the macro functions on each half independently using my 2 CCR's to make 4 arches.

If this is not possible, I will just plan on making the pixel resolution set to 25, control each pixel independently and not use the macros (unless I want to use some effects like random color on the entire ribbon).

No matter what the outcome, thanks for providing an update about the status of the software. It is nice to know that what we have is what we will have for this Christmas (unless some macros are added).

Jeff

JeffBlan wrote:

I second this request. I've seen many users who are hoping to "split" the ribbon across two arches. Being able to have the macros work on two sections of the ribbon would mean I would not have to use 25 channels.

Just to be clear, I would like to specify if I want the macro to run on the 1st half, 2nd half or the entire ribbon. Does that make sense? I could then use the macro functions on each half independently using my 2 CCR's to make 4 arches.

If this is not possible, I will just plan on making the pixel resolution set to 25, control each pixel independently and not use the macros (unless I want to use some effects like random color on the entire ribbon).

In order to have a split ribbon with separate control of the two sections a second set of effect channels would be needed. I'm not sure this is a good direction to go in. The ideas were to minimize the number of channels necessary to use the ribbon and support common decorating elements. We were thinking along the lines of effects for arches, poles, trees, windows, doors, maybe a star...

If the two sections were controlled by the same effect channels, it fits into our design, but is probably not what you want.

One request that several people have already made is a separately available controller. That would allow the ribbon to be cut into separately managed sections that could be more flexibly positioned. We have not thought about a price for this, but the CCR's cost is about 2/3 ribbon + 1/3 controller. Does this make more sense?