Light-O-Rama Forums

Got the CCR.... Were is the software??

melwelch

I just received my CCR. Smaller than I expected.... That is good.

I know I'am not the sharpest tack in the box. So here goes.... How do I program it??? Selecting its controler number in the Sequence Editor you only have 16 channels max....

Even the picture in the manual of the Hardware Utility showes a CCR button in the lower middle-right of the picture. My latest version I downloaded the other day has no button. So I hooked up the Hardware Utility and the CCR set the ID number to 10. Tested it and only the first 16 lights come on..... So I an stuck.

So I am looking for some help. What am I missing???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl Lambert

• LightORamaJohn

• JeffBlan

• Cblood

melwelch wrote:

Even the picture in the manual of the Hardware Utility showes a CCR button in the lower middle-right of the picture. My latest version I downloaded the other day has no button. So I hooked up the Hardware Utility and the CCR set the ID number to 10. Tested it and only the first 16 lights come on..... So I an stuck.

It should have been shipped with legacy mode enabled. In your case it will use IDs 10 through 19. So the next 16 channels are at address 11.

melwelch wrote:

How do I get to the screen on page 12 in the instruction book?

Would someone share a sequence using the CCR?

The software with the Hardware Utility config screen for the CCR will be released shortly. It was shipped in legacy mode.

There is a demo sequence here http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum89/19306.html
The demo sequence expects the CCR at Unit ID 01 (since it's in legacy mode, it will use ID 01-0A)

ChuckHutchings wrote:

I have the latest (I think - it says 2.4.10) S/W but I can't get the config screen shown in the manual either. There is no CCR button.

Am I missing something?

Yes, two posts prior to yours from LightORamaJohn, 10-7 at 9:59 EST

The software with the Hardware Utility config screen for the CCR will be released shortly. It was shipped in legacy mode.

So it was not included with release 2.4.10 although the screen shot shows ver 2.4.09

melwelch wrote:

LightShow Pro now supports CCR... Maybe I wll have it up and running this weekend...

LSP has it???

LOR doesn't???

hmmmmmmm.

CCR is a LOR product, right? LOL!

thebaronn wrote:

melwelch wrote:
LightShow Pro now supports CCR... Maybe I wll have it up and running this weekend...

LSP has it???

LOR doesn't???

hmmmmmmm.

CCR is a LOR product, right? LOL!

Yes, That is interesting isn't it. Actually LSP listed the CCR as a supported product before they could have possibly ever had one to test. However, ithe CCR's legacy mode works as was published in the manual, thus it should work with any software that supports LOR controllers.

Configuration support for the CCR and support for controllers with up to 1000 channels will be released Monday. It is currently in beta test. If anyone wants to get a copy now send me an email at dan@lightorama.com ...

Proper support for RGB is taking longer than I had anticipated. It is of highest priority and will be released as quickly as possible.

Dan

Will the RGB support allow for the combination of 3 existing controllers and the programming that is already in them?

If we do RGB programming now and then go to LOR S2 with RGB support will we loose all our programming if we want to take advantage of the RGB feature?

Paul Roberson wrote:

Will the RGB support allow for the combination of 3 existing controllers and the programming that is already in them?

If we do RGB programming now and then go to LOR S2 with RGB support will we loose all our programming if we want to take advantage of the RGB feature?

Paul,

I do not know the answer to that question but will get the answer shortly.

Dan

Paul Roberson wrote:

The million dollar question!

I would pay extra for that feature!!!!!!

Cool!

I played with my CCR as it arrived today via UPS:)

All I've done so far is assign the address and played the demo sequence provided by LOR. I will be playing with it more tomorrow during the day when my Halloween lights are not running.

Jeff

LightORamaDan wrote

Proper support for RGB is taking longer than I had anticipated. It is of highest priority and will be released as quickly as possible.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Just a quick question on this. I have the demo software but I was wondering if the "RGB support" is in the beta or is that something that is still being developed.

I just wanted to make sure I understand how I will be programming the CCR. I was playing with the demo sequence and understand how it is to be programmed but seems like a tedious process. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something that makes it easier to program.

Thanks!

Jeff