Light-O-Rama Forums

1 or 1 1/4 galvanized pipe

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

Jeff 1S.A.H.D. wrote:

Was wondering what to use for this years mega tree.
It will be 14' tall, with 2 feet in the ground and plan on using three guy wires

thanks

Jeff

it will be a water pipe (thick gauge) just to let you all know

thanks all

Jeff

At least 1 /14", trust me I know pipe (the screen name kinda hints to that). 1" could easily bend in the middle, especially if you have enough weight on it.

One thing to consider is this. Do you maybe plan in the future to use one of those crank up heads with all of the hooks around it? At this minute I cant remember who sells that device, but I would think about going over to their site and look at what size pipe is supposed to be used with that device and then let that decide what size pipe you will need. Otherwise you might need to buy a different size pipe later when you decide that climbing a ladder to put your stings up near the top of your 14' pipe.

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

The place you want to go to is http://christmaslightshow.com/xcart/ Darryl is a great guy with the best sales ever. You tell him I sent you over, and he'll take care of you. He has the hand crank and tha to topper. With guy wire holder, and all! He has everything you need for any size mega tree.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

Just what Iwas trying to point to.

Just someting to consider Jeff. But I dont know what you envision your display looking like now or in the future.