Light-O-Rama Forums

OLD Power Supply cases make good DC Enclosures

NWSanta

So My Wife wanted to do Talking Skulls this year so with a whole lot of trial and error with the skulls themselves, Motors and eyes and stuff we managed to get everything setup. Now I don't know if Dan planned it this way but, if you take an old Power supply and gut it the mounts inside are almost perfect for a CMB-16D board. 2 out of the 4 holes match up perfectly and you can use the fan on the Power supply to cool the board if you want and run all of your cables through the installed grommet.

See pics. I hope to have some vid up soon....

Attached files 180835=10280-P1020950a.jpg

Very nice Evan, can't wait to see the entire holloween display. i was checking out your Christmas display also very nice i really like how you have only a few things animated and the rest static, i am running so behind this year not sure if i can get everything sequenced like i want so i was going to try and do something like that this year and not have so much going on and just use a few channels your display looks great.

and i'm sorry don't mean to derail the thread, great idea on the power supply box.

Very Kewl Evan, I wish I had been able to find time this summer to get my display up and running. I will have to reuse last years Halloween display and for Christmas, I'll just be doing a little animation sequence with color fades for this season I think. I may be in Victoria in the next month or so, I'll keep you posted and perhaps we can grab a beverage.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No they are some Gemmy Skulls that aren't made anymore. The bums came out with them one year and I haven't seen them since....

I'm going to try and mod them with Servos this year but, then I have to look at which servos to get and then a "Servodog" to drive them...

-Evan