Light-O-Rama Forums

1602 MP3

cmoore60

I am working with a friend that has the 1602MP3. They are just now getting around to learning the software and LOR system. They purchased the system like 2 years ago.

ANYWAY! The controller will control light when the sequences is run from the editor.

I then tried to create the files on the SD disk. If I browse the files It does appear that they are on the disk. However, when the SD is inserted in the MP3 unit. The red comm light on the controller is solid then starts flashing. The yellow LED on the MP3 is like in a very fast flash mode, almost like a shimmer. I recall reading some things in this area on the forums but it is almost like the search feature does not go back far enough.

What am I missing?

Chuck

I would like to add that I performed the firmware update to both the MP3 unit and the 1602. NO help even after doing that.

If the yellow led is blinking really fast and fluttering it may be an issue with the SD card.

Which program are you using to create the SD card... Hardware Utility (MP3 tab) or the Simple Show Builder?

I cannot say for sure. But i believe the card is the one that came with the unit. Because when I worked with the newbie she said this came with it she purchased the controller and all at plus 2007 and it sat, because she was having difficulty understanding it all. Now that she has some basic info she is taking off and going with it. I did discover that the original MP# was NOT 128. I have converted, but not had a chance to check it out.

Chuck

Let us know if it doesn't work with the modified MP3 file - I have the MP31602 controller which is approx. 4 years old and I made myself a cheat sheet on how to convert and write to the sd card. I can email it too you to go over your steps - I use it every year to program my shows and changes because I have a short memory.