Light-O-Rama Forums

1 controller with 1 output cord

JimCanfield

I do not remember where, but I thought I read where you can have a controller with 1 outlet cord to power the unit instead of 2. I am going to run all LEDs off this controller and will not draw anything. Is this possible and if so, recommended?

Jim,

Do you mean have only one input cord on your controller? Yes that can be done. Matter of fact, all of my controllers are set up with one input cord. My mega tree since it is all LED has one input cord for 2 controllers in the same box.

The method is dependent upon the controller that you want to use.

Please post the type of controller and i am sure we can help you.

Chuck

With CTB16PC units it is absolutely possible. Not sure if it is possible with the SHOWTIME version of the controllers though.

Here's How:

The one "INPUT" cord should go to the HOT input on the right side of the board (the Side with Channels 9-16)

Once that is done, you need to install a short wire from the "Hot Jump" on the right side (Channels 9-16) to the "Hot Input" on the Left side (Channels 1-8). Make sure to use a with a big enough gage to handle what you are powering.

You will also need to install a small wire from one of the Neutrals on the right bank to one of the neutrals on the left.

PM me if you have further quesitons.

Scott.

You can use a single input on the CTB16-D boards also(same board is used in the 1600 and 1602). Just connect jumpers to the appropriate screw terminals on the board. I believe the terminals are marked appropriately. I do this on all my boards.