Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Selling your Sequences?

Guest guest

One suggestion I have to have a field in the description on the download page for each sequence that shows how many channels it is programmed for...

Looks very nice....

Thanks, Randy

Guest guest

Hey Mike,

When is the Chicago mini-PLUS? When and what is it?

Thanks, Bill

Guest guest

Randy wrote:

One suggestion I have to have a field in the description on the download page for each sequence that shows how many channels it is programmed for...

Looks very nice....

Thanks, Randy

It does show the number of channels. The intro page has very little information, but if you click on the title you get the full description, number of channels, artist, etc. Did you want to see the number of channels listed on the intro page as well? I am just trying to keep the intro short and less cluttered so we can list more per page.

PM me if you still need Chicago Mini-PLUS info or the contact info to sign up.

Guest guest

You should start a new post announcing that the site is open. It may lead to more traffic and hopefully some submissions.

I was surprised that nobody submitted anything yet. Looks good though!

Guest guest

MichaelC wrote:

I can put them on your site also. The more the merrier. I just think we need to include the music also. For instance, the music I used was seriously edited for certain parts.

The problem with sharing the music is that it gets into the murky world of copyright issues. Others may wish to venture ... but the LOR Wiki will not be going into music downloads.

Guest guest

I understand. I think there should be a spot where someone sharing sequences could let people know they would be willing to share the exact associated music. Allow us to use a PlanetChristmas PC for instance.

Guest guest

bmichael wrote:

I posted one of mine up there. I think it is awaiting approval. Great job on the site.

Guest guest

:)A couple of short posts...I was having trouble with the PC forum editor when I combined them.

bmichael wrote:

You should start a new post announcing that the site is open. It may lead to more traffic and hopefully some submissions.

I want to give it a week or so for the traffic to stablize. So far, traffic is growing >125% per day. I know you want the site to grow (so do I!), but rapid growth can cause problems. If the site grows too fast an exceeds bandwidth limits (think of all those videos people are downloading), then the site goes offline until my next webhost billing cycle. With steady growth, it is much easier to manage and add bandwidth as needed. Eventually, I will be submitting some of my own files to some of the other sequencing sites which will get more PR and traffic. Be patient. :)

Guest guest

MichaelC wrote:

I had posted my sequences here:

http://www.synchronizedchristmas.com/lorwiki/index.php/Sequences_to_Share

I can put them on your site also. The more the merrier. I just think we need to include the music also. For instance, the music I used was seriously edited for certain parts.

Please feel free to post your sequences on as many sites as you like. I certainly will not be downloading and posting sequences from other sites. However, the file owners are more than welcome to do so.

As far as music sharing, I have been thinking about a solution to this. As many will quickly point out, there are legality problems! However, it may be possible if the files were NOT available for public browsing. If you can PROVE to me you have a legal copy of the song, then I can send you a link to download the edited copy of the song.

Possible. Not sure about managing it though. It could take a lot of time to fulfill requests, and exactly how do you prove you have a legal copy? I'd have to do some research, but it might be legal if both parties own a legal copy. I may look into this, but we can not do this:

I think there should be a spot where someone sharing sequences could let people know they would be willing to share the exact associated music. Allow us to use a PlanetChristmas PC for instance.

LORsequences will never support anything illegal like "email me and i'll send you the song." But I may consider music distribution of edited files where there is a system in place to prove you have a legal, authentic copy of the music first. Comments from anyone who knows more about this than me? This still may not be legal.

Guest guest

Opie wrote:

bmichael wrote:

I posted one of mine up there. I think it is awaiting approval. Great job on the site.

All new submissions are published automatically in the "USER NEW ITEMS" cateogry. So far, I am attempting to video every new submission. This takes time, so I don't move them out of new items until I have the video done. That is the plan unless people start uploading faster than I can complete videos.

Guest guest

I don't mean to infer any illegal swapping. I do know that the horror I went through to be able to use my 'legal' copies. I purchased from kazaa and then had to burn to CD and Re-rip so that I could get a file in the format that LOR could recognize. In doing this I don't know if all that coding/re-coding changes the timing or alters the file in such a way that someone else could not apply my sequences to them.

In my mind the music is the afterthought. The creativity is in the sequencing and that is what I like to share with people. When we put so much hard work into a project, it is sites like this one where we can share our experiences with our fellow sequencers . Even if someone re-used my sequencing and the song, the odds of their show looking exactly like mine is slim to none. How the channels get assigned is different for different people's home layouts.

Anyway, I want to thank you for hosting the sequence sharing site. I've tried to put as much info as I had so that the sequences could be re-used.

Guest guest

I don't mean to infer any illegal swapping. I do know that the horror I went through to be able to use my 'legal' copies. I purchased from kazaa and then had to burn to CD and Re-rip so that I could get a file in the format that LOR could recognize. In doing this I don't know if all that coding/re-coding changes the timing or alters the file in such a way that someone else could not apply my sequences to them.

In my mind the music is the afterthought. The creativity is in the sequencing and that is what I like to share with people. When we put so much hard work into a project, it is sites like this one where we can share our experiences with our fellow sequencers . Even if someone re-used my sequencing and the song, the odds of their show looking exactly like mine is slim to none. How the channels get assigned is different for different people's home layouts.

Anyway, I want to thank you for hosting the sequence sharing site. I've tried to put as much info as I had so that the sequences could be re-used.

Guest guest

I didn't mean to slam you or spin your comments negative. I just want to make it clear about what kind of content can be on my site. :)